Purchase Card (P-Card) Program
Submissions under review
Revised September 24, 2020
Scope of Services
The City of Surrey is inviting Proponents to submit Proposals that provide a solution to establish a purchase card program (the “P-Card Program”) designed for use by the City to charge low dollar value goods and/or services related to the business activities of the City. The City will not consider a two-card program (purchase card and travel card programs). The City does not guarantee a specific spend volume throughout the Term of the agreement.
The City expects the Preferred Proponent to provide the following P-Card services:
- Simplified procurement and payment process;
- Increased management information on purchasing histories;
- Reduced paperwork;
- Ability to set and control purchase dollar limits;
- Ability to control purchases by merchant categories and suppliers;
- Ability to audit purchases to ensure compliance with City policies;
- Rebates from P-Card purchases;
- Retain all data for a period of seven (7) years; and
- An alternative method of payment for low dollar value and potentially high-volume purchases; thereby magnifying the rebate potential (refer to Schedule A-1 for additional information)
Technical and Functional Requirements
The technical & functional requirements (the “P-Card Technical & Functional Requirements”) are described and embedded in Schedule C-3-1.
RFP document for download:
Purchase Card (P-Card) Program (.pdf)
Schedule C - Form of Proposal (.doc)
Schedule A-1 - P-Card Technical and Functional Requirements (.xls)
Schedule C-3-1 - P-Card Requirements Response Form (.xls)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: August 9, 2019
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal, Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named below.