Reline and Point Repair Program
Revised May 28, 2021
Richard D. Oppelt
Manager, Procurement Services
Tel: (604) 590-7274
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS FOR STANDING OFFER AGREEMENT
This section outlines all supplementary specifications (SSP’s) related to sewer rehabilitation including flushing, video, repair, inspections, pipe relines, manhole repairs, etc. Only those items related to the Scope of Work outlined in SSP 2 will be applicable to this contract.
Scope of Work
Installation of sewer pipe relines, by approved methods, on existing City of Surrey gravity sewer systems, which includes both mains and service connections. A best practice method of lining shall be utilized for services connected directly to manholes to form the best possible seal and reline result.
All Work shall conform to the Master Municipal Construction Documents (MMCD), Volume II, Printed 2009 and the City of Surrey Supplementary Specifications and Detailed Drawings.
Description of Work
The Contractor will provide all labour, materials, equipment and plant and other related services to installation of sewer pipe relines, by approved methods, on existing City of Surrey gravity sewer systems, which includes both mains and service connections. A best practice method of lining shall be utilized for services connected directly to manholes to form the best possible seal and reline result.
- Flushing and cleaning sanitary and storm sewers, and as required to permit testing service interfaces as shown on contract maps;
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) inspection and deficiency reporting for sanitary and storm sewers;
- Digitally video inspect and prepare reports upon completion of all rehabilitation work;
- Provision for traffic control and traffic diversion in accordance with the General Conditions;
- Restrict and divert the flow of water or sewage from the sewer main section or service connection being inspected, tested or rehabilitated, as required;
- Relining of those sections shown on the attached plans and spread sheets; and
- Any other related works.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFA-SOA, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFA-SOA. It is the responsibility of Applicants to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFA-SOA may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFA-SOA or may be relied upon by any Applicant. By delivery of an Application, Applicant is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFA-SOA including, any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFA-SOA should be directed in writing to the contact person named above.