Road Weather Information System (RWIS)
Approach Navigation Systems Inc.
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
A brief description of the Goods and Services include:
- To assist the City of Surrey Streets section with winter maintenance, the City is investigating an RWIS solution.
The City is requesting proposals for supply and installation of RWIS equipment and ongoing vendor hosting, data management, and initial training.
The City is requesting a schedule of fee’s based on economies of scale (i.e. three or more at rate X, five or more at rate X). Also, we are requesting the maintenance fee of each station.
- Each station is to be equipped with the following:
- Optional features could include but are not limited to the following:
- High resolution cameras with day and night picture taking capability with a minimum resolution of 3 megapixel pictures.
- Multiple image capability
- Polling times are to be 4 per hour (1 picture every 15mins).
- Sensor based alerts
- Ambient air temperature sensor;
- Surface temperature sensor;
- Friction sensor;
- Non intrusive salinity sensor, and;
- Relative humidity sensor.
- The Stations are to be active for a minimum of 5 months of the year (November to end of March).
- Station sensors are to be non-intrusive to pavement.
The City will require the successful Proponent to provide hosting services for a Contract period of three (3) years with two (2) optional one (1) year renewal periods. Data management requirements for each RWIS system are to include:
- Web based application with a minimum of 12 user licences for easy access using desk top computers, lap tops, tablets or iPad, or cell phones;
- Downloading capabilities and ability to export to common applications such as Excel;
- Graphic and detail displays;
- The City will own all data reported and received from each RWIS Unit;
- The data will be provided to the City in a report at the end of each April;
- The data will be archived by the proponent for a minimum of five (5) years.
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: January 5, 2017
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: January 11, 2017
Addendum No. 3 (.pdf)
Issue Date: January 16, 2017
Addendum No. 4 (.pdf)
Issue Date: January 17, 2017
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.