Street Tree Planting Services
Revised October 1, 2020
Request for Quotations
SPECIFICATIONS OF GOODS AND SCOPE OF SERVICES
The City invites Quotations from experienced and qualified Contractors for the provision of the Street Tree Planting Services. The nature of the work includes the furnishing of all labour, tools, equipment, supplies, material and services necessary for the complete performance of the work which includes:
- installation of caliper sized trees, averaging 5-6 cm, deciduous and evergreen, on local, collector and arterial road allowances including boulevards, medians, traffic circles and frontage roads;
- providing a storage compound sufficient to receive approximately 3,500-4,000 trees from various City designated tree suppliers annually;
- providing adequate care and storage of all delivered trees;
- loading, hauling and off-loading all trees to planting areas designated by the City;
- the City providing all the materials and supplies to undertake all of the work, including that required for storage and planting of the trees;
- all equipment should be road worthy and suitable for working on City streets and parks;
- the Contractor shall affix a City of Surrey Contractor sign to each side of their vehicle(s); and
- the Contractor to ensure that all persons engaged in the provision of the Services are clearly identified as a representative of the Contractor while performing Services on City premises. All employees will wear high visibility vests and an identification badge while doing the work.
Services will be on an “as required” and “as directed” basis. It is the City’s desire not to sub-contract the Services.
The annual work program shall consist of planting new trees, and replacement trees for trees that have been removed and died. The annual program and schedule will be provided by the City in advance and work will be scheduled between November 1st and May 31st each year. Approximately 3,500-4,000 trees are planted each year; the City will provide a detailed planting plan and specific location for each tree.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named above.