Surrey Foreign Direct Investment & International Innovation & Manufacturing Enterprise Zone Strategic Planning
Revised January 24, 2020
Request for Proposals
As one of Canada’s fastest growing cities, many significant international investment opportunities have presented themselves to the City of Surrey over the past 12 months. To respond to these opportunities, this proposed initiative involves developing a strategic long-term foreign direct investment (FDI) plan to leverage approximately $100 million dollars’ worth of local partnership investments to consolidate the City’s role as a hub for international business and foreign investment.
Scope of Services
The City of Surrey and its project partners is seeking a qualified Consultant / team that will be able to project manage, design, deliver, and implement the following activities:
Activity 1: Develop an FDI Strategy / Framework for the City
- Establish a compelling value proposition and messaging for international firms to consider investing and establishing a North American presence in the City; and,
- Develop a strategic plan for a newly planned 70 acre IIMEZ at Kwantlen Polytechnic University's (KPU) Cloverdale Campus to attract major foreign corporations to establish a local headquarters in the City.
Activity 2: Develop an FDI Action Plan (including a comprehensive list of leads)
- Stakeholder consultation to identify physical support and needs requirements for global high tech entities looking to expand to Western Canada; and,
- Establish a communications / marketing plan for the proposed strategic IIMEZ for specific target foreign entities.
Activity 3: Refine Surrey’s Business Retention and Expansion Plan for FDI
- Generate new FDI leads to the City as well as identify new strategic partnerships with foreign-owned businesses, investors, and innovation intermediaries; and,
- Develop and provide long-term investor-centric after-sales services.
RFP document for download:
Surrey Foreign Direct Investment & International Innovation & Manufacturing Enterprise Zone Strategic Planning (.pdf)
Schedule C - Form of Proposal (.doc)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: April 29, 2016
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal, Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named below.