Surrey Sports & Leisure Café Services Lease
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Proposals
The City of Surrey is seeking the services of an experienced and innovative food and beverage service provider (the “Contractor”) to act as Tenant and vendor to manage the daily services and operation of the café at the Surrey Sports & Leisure Complex (SSLC) located at 16555 Fraser Highway #100 Surrey, BC V4N 0E9.
GENERAL SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
The Contractor shall provide Services that include but not limited to:
- offer excellent food service and customer satisfaction;
- offer quality, affordable and nutritious food with attention to healthy eating as set in the Canadian Food Guide;
- offer a variety of in-season fresh fruits and vegetables;
- provide meal content (ingredients and preparation methods) information to address needs such as diabetes, allergies, or food intolerances upon request and if information is available;
- deliver prompt and efficient food and beverage services;
- provide certified organic food products;
- use locally BC grown organic food products;
- provide dietary menu requests (i.e. Vegetarian, gluten free, etc.);
- provide POS equipment to allow payment options of cash, debit and credit card transactions;
- provide all janitorial services as required within the café;
- Proponent(s) must be fully licensed to operate a café; and,
- Proponents(s) are required to meet all laws, regulations, and requirements related to food service operations.
On occasion, the City may host meetings, conferences or special events, such as sports competitions. There may be an opportunity for the Contractor to provide catering services on an “as and when required” basis for special events, meetings, performances, and other similar functions.
The license awarded to the Contractor(s) would also include non-exclusive access to the lobby seating areas where customers can sit and consume their beverages or food purchase. Chairs and tables will be provided by the City if available.
Any required structural changes will be the responsibility of the Contractor and must be reviewed and approved by the City prior to the execution of such changes. The Contractor is to supply all leasehold improvement plans signed and sealed by professional engineers or architects to be approved by the City.
When: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Where: Surrey Sports & Leisure Complex (Coffee Shop)
16555 Fraser Highway #100 Surrey, BC V4N 0E9
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf) REVISED CLOSING
Issue Date: May 17, 2018
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf) REVISED CLOSING
Issue Date: May 29, 2018
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. No amendment of any kind to the RFP is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Proposal, Proponents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named above.