Sustainable Service Delivery: Level of Service Framework
Revised January 24, 2020
Request for Proposals
The City of Surrey (the “City”) is seeking to retain the services of a professional consultant (the “Consultant”) to develop the Level of Service (LOS) Framework for the City’s Engineering services.
The Consultant will provide the following services in accordance with the information provided within this Terms of Reference document:
- Project Management;
- Develop the LOS framework relevant to the City’s Engineering services that include sanitary, storm, water, transportation, and district energy;
- Establish the current LOS target for each service group, and the cost to maintain this LOS;
- Establish the desired LOS target for each service group, and the potential cost impact to achieve this LOS;
- Establish the linkage between the LOS framework, Risk assessment framework and the operation/maintenance and replacement strategies;
- Establish effective performance measurement procedures;
- Facilitate discussions among relevant stakeholders;
- Final report preparation.
- OPTIONAL: develop an efficient customer involvement strategy
SCOPE OF WORK
Engineering Services Included
The Engineering services to be included under this project are sanitary, storm, water, transportation, and district energy.
The City envisions that the LOS framework includes the following components:
- Key elements:
- Service attributes;
- Performance measures;
- Current and Desired performance targets
- Linkage to the Risk Assessment and the operation/maintenance and replacement strategies
- Performance measurement procedure
Addendum No. 1 - Revised Closing (.pdf)
Issue Date: June 21, 2019
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: July 9, 2019
Addendum No. 3 - Revised Closing (.pdf)
Issue Date: July 10, 2019
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. No amendment of any kind to the RFP is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Proposal, Proponents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named below.