Tree Root Management 2016
Submissions under review
Revised September 25, 2020
Request for Quotations
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The three main work components to the tree root management scope of services are root pruning, placing soil and seed to cover roots, and root barrier installation.
The Services are carried out primarily for trees located on residential grass boulevards throughout the City of Surrey. The City will provide a list of trees requiring the Services and the Services will be carried out twice per year generally between March 15 to June 15 and September 1 to October 31. Dates may be extended at the sole discretion of the City.
There are approximately 200 to 300 sites that will require root management work per year. Crew size and qualification will be dependent on the task and location of the work site.
All Services must be performed to the complete satisfaction of the City.
- Crew Alignment:
- Residential sites - One person crew will be required
- Arterial sites- Two person crew will be required
- Crew Qualifications:
- Root cutting crew - one ISA certified arborist.
- Soil placement crew- one BCLNA Landscape Industry Certified Technician (or City approved equivalent) labourer.
- Root barrier installation crew- one ISA certified arborist.
- The City will provide written instructions about site details such as:
- Location and direction of which roots require pruning
- Length and depth of prescribed root barriers
- Estimated total volume of soil required
- Estimated completion time per work site
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.