Wood Soffit Repair and Refinishing
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
SCOPE OF WORK
For certainty, the Work contemplated by this Schedule A shall be interpreted to include compensation on account of all related costs, including but not limited to all direct, indirect, or impact, head office, Overhead, and all other costs, and all markups and profits, even if the Contract Documents does not specifically mention such items.
The Contractor shall furnish everything needed to perform all of the requirements of this Contract including without limitation any and all material required but not supplied by the City, all labour, transportation and services required to faithfully perform and provide the Work at the Place of Work as required for and to the satisfaction of the City.
The Contractors shall ensure the protection of all existing finishes and structures, including glass guardrails, and repair any damages as a result of the Work.
The Work on this project generally includes, but is not limited to:
- Repair of the wood soffit in accordance with the Contract Drawings, including:
- Removal as necessary of existing T&G boards
- Cutting of wood soffit slats as required to make expansion joints
- Reinstallation of slats
- Installation of all fasteners as per Contract Drawings
- Installation of stainless steel expansion channels
- Refinishing of wood soffit (provide separate price).
- It is expected that Work will have to be completed from scaffold in areas where loading limits on the plaza, second floor balcony area and angles of approach will make it impractical for using mechanical lift equipment.
- Remainder of Work areas to be completed from appropriate work platforms for the work and worker safety (from balconies or ground level using lifts) with the lowest impact to the public plaza and public passage areas as possible. The City has public events and filming events in the plaza and around City Hall, so the use of mechanical equipment that can be relocated for such events as needed is of benefit.
- All ladders, scaffolds and temporary work platforms to meet the requirements of Part 13 of the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Balconies have intermittent anchor points that are available for use as per attached Contract Drawings.
- The Contractor will be assigned Prime Contractor responsibility under WorkSafeBC regulations for areas of work and shall include for isolation/protection of the Place of Work areas to ensure public and worker safety.
- The Contractor shall protect the existing building systems and finishes, with special attention paid to protecting glass. Specifically, the glass guards on the balconies are tempered glass with exposed upper edges which will require protection from impact.
At the time of issuance of this RFQ a meeting has been scheduled as follows:
Date: Monday, January 7, 2019
Time: 3:00 PM Pacific Time
Location: City Hall, 13450 104th Avenue, Surrey, BC
Addendum No. 1 - REVISED CLOSING (.pdf)
Issue Date: January 3, 2019
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: January 9, 2019
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named above.