When and where is Surrey Canada Day?

Surrey Canada Day is a free event on July 1 at Bill Reid Millennium Amphitheatre (17728 64 Ave) in Surrey, BC and is open from 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. each day.

Do I need tickets to get into the festival?

No! Surrey Canada Day offers free admission to attendees.

How do I get to the festival?

Bill Reid Millennium Amphitheatre is located within the Cloverdale Fairgrounds, on the corner of 64 Ave and 176 St. TransLink encourages people to use a Compass Card or pre-purchase their return tickets on the day they intend to travel, which can be done at any Compass Vending Machine. For further transit information, please contact Translink at 604-953-3333 or click on Trip Planner at translink.ca.

Where can I park?

Surrey Canada Day offers limited free public parking within the Cloverdale Fairgrounds. Attendees can enter the parking lots off of 64 Ave or 60 Ave. Utilizing carpools when driving to the event is highly recommended.

The Bicycle Valet will be on site monitoring and parking bikes in bike racks at Gate 8, off 176 St. There are also non-monitored bike racks available for use at Gate 5.

What is the search policy?

All guests will be subject to search for prohibited and illicit items upon entry in the interest of public and patron safety.

What items are prohibited?

Prohibited items include:
•    Pets
•    Barbecues
•    Drugs or alcohol
•    Any weapon or item that can be used as a weapon
•    Pop up tents
•    Unsealed bottles (only empty water bottles will be permitted)
•    Large umbrellas (only small, compact umbrellas will be permitted)
•    Hard coolers

*Additional items may be deemed prohibited or illicit as per event security.

Are there food and drinks available?

Surrey Canada Day offers food, drinks and desserts from over 30 food trucks! Unsealed bottles and drinks are not permitted. Attendees can bring one empty personal reusable bottle per person. There will be free water stations located near Gate 8, and in the food court where attendees will be able to fill their bottles.

What are the rules for purchasing alcohol on site?

Alcoholic beverages can be purchased within “The Barn” area located inside the Cloverdale Agriplex near Gate 5 between 1:00pm and 9:00pm each day. Two drinks can be served per person at one time. All customers wishing to purchase alcoholic beverages must first obtain a DAV (Drinking Age Verified) wristband from security guards located within The Barn. Patrons must be 19+ to purchase alcohol, and will produce two pieces of ID (an official government issued I.D. that include your name, picture, signature, and date of birth such as a drivers’ license or passport and a secondary piece of I.D. with your name and signature such as a credit card) to receive their DAV wristband. Once they have a wristband, they can be served a licensed beverage. Patrons will be not allowed to take licensed beverages outside of The Barn.

Minors accompanied by their parent or guardian will be permitted to enter the licensed area.

What are my payment options on site?

Surrey Canada Day encourages cashless payments. Vendors, food trucks and alcohol sales within The Barn will accept debit, credit and cash.

Are there activities for children?

Yes! Surrey Canada Day is family friendly. There is a Kids Zone featuring children’s performers, arts and crafts, games plus amusement rides, inflatables and games.

Is there a baby change table on site?

Yes. The baby change table tent is located near the Kid’s Zone, down the path near Gate 6.

What accommodations are there near the festival?

Whether you stay for a day, week or longer, Surrey has a variety of accommodation options for every kind of holiday or visit. For accommodation options, visit Discover Surrey.

What are the accessible seating options?

A designated Accessible Seating Platform for any patrons with mobility issues or special seating consideration will be located in front of the Main Stage.

Any attendee who has special seating consideration can contact specialevents@surrey.ca in advance of the festival to confirm their accessible seating reservation. A security guard will be located at each location to allow access to the deck (pending available space) each day of the event. Each Accessible Seating Patron will be permitted one guest to join them in the designated area.

Is there a calm, safe area to take my child if they feel overwhelmed?

The City of Surrey offers a Sensory Space for anyone looking for a quiet, comfortable space during the event. This is located near Gate 6 behind the pond. 

Are there any other accessibility features?

An ASL interpreter will be provided for all opening ceremonies and important announcements at this event. There is also an adult accessible changing tent East of the pond. 

Can I bring a water bottle inside?

Attendees are welcome to bring in one personal empty reusable bottle. Bags will be subject to search at the gate prior to entrance.

What can I bring to sit on?

Collapsible lawn chairs and blankets are permitted on site. We ask that attendees respect those around them, and do not block stage viewing for other attendees if seated on chairs. 

What is the camera policy?

Guests may use personal cameras and mobile phones to take photos inside the venue. To apply for media accreditation and access to the photography pit at the festival, please email specialevents@surrey.ca 

Can I smoke on site?

No. Smoking of cigarettes, vapes and cannabis are prohibited. There are no designated smoking areas on site.

Where is the first aid tent located?

First aid tents are located East of the pond and near Gate 8.

Where is RCMP located?

The RCMP tents are located near Gate 8 and East of the pond.

What do I do if I find a lost child, or a parent who has lost their child?

If you find a lost child

If a child becomes lost or separated from their parent or guardian at the festival, a festival staff, emergency services, crew or volunteer should be notified and they should escort the child to the Lost Child tent located near Gate 8 or East of the pond. RCMP will handle all occurrences of lost children directly.

If you find a parent who has lost their child

If a parent becomes lost or separated from their child at the festival, festival staff, emergency services, crew or volunteer should be notified and the parent should be informed of the location of the Lost Child tent near Gate 8 or East of the pond. If the parent does not want to leave the area, one person should stay with the parent, and another person should be notified and directed to find an RCMP officer. The RCMP will then determine next steps of unifying the child with the parent.


We couldn't do this without the generous support of our sponsors. If you're interested, we'd love to chat. We look forward to working with companies and organizations ready and excited to share their love for the community!

Produced by: