Social Equity and Diversity Committee
This committee provides advice on social sustainability in Surrey.
The purpose of the Social Equity and Diversity Committee (SEDC) is to provide advice and recommendations to Council on policies, new initiatives and direction to enhance the social well-being of Surrey residents. The SEDC is formerly known as the Social Planning Advisory Committee.
Specifically, the Social Equity and Diversity Committee:
- hears and responds to delegations by community groups, social service agencies and others and makes recommendations to Council.
- advises and makes recommendations to Council on the implementation of the Plan for the Social Well-Being of Surrey Residents.
- liaises, on behalf of Council, with public and private agencies including senior governments, to encourage the provision of programs and services for Surrey residents.
- facilitates and encourages collaboration and coordination between Surrey-based agencies and groups.
- considers other social planning issues as may be referred by Council.
At the December 7, 2020 Regular Council - Public Hearing, Council dissolved the Social Equity and Diversity Committee and established the Community Services Committee.
For questions regarding the Social Equity and Diversity Committee, please contact the Office of the City Clerk by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 604-591-4132.