Social Equity and Diversity Committee
This committee provides advice on social sustainability in Surrey.
Social Equity and Diversity Committee (SEDC)
The purpose of the Social Equity and Diversity Committee (SEDC) is to provide advice and recommendations to Council on policies, new initiatives and direction to enhance the social well-being of Surrey residents. The SEDC is formerly known as the Social Planning Advisory Committee.
Specifically, the Social Equity and Diversity Committee:
- hears and responds to delegations by community groups, social service agencies and others and makes recommendations to Council.
- advises and makes recommendations to Council on the implementation of the Plan for the Social Well-Being of Surrey Residents.
- liaises, on behalf of Council, with public and private agencies including senior governments, to encourage the provision of programs and services for Surrey residents.
- facilitates and encourages collaboration and coordination between Surrey-based agencies and groups.
- considers other social planning issues as may be referred by Council.
Committee Chair: Councillor Locke
Learn more about the Committee's function in the SEDC Terms of Reference.
For questions regarding the Social Equity and Diversity Committee, please contact Lauren Blake by email at Lauren.Blake@surrey.ca or by telephone at 604-591-4637.
2020 Meeting Schedule
- January 8, 2020
- February 5, 2020
- March 4, 2020
- April 1, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- June 3, 2020
- July 8, 2020
- September 2, 2020
- October 7, 2020
- November 4, 2020
Virtual Meeting Attendance
Should you wish to join and observe the virtual Social Equity and Diversity Committee meeting via Teams, please contact Lauren Blake at Lauren.Blake@surrey.ca, no later than 4:00 p.m. on the day before the meeting. You will need to provide your full name and an e-mail address. A Microsoft Teams Meeting Link will be forwarded to you. Please ensure that your microphone and camera are turned off for the duration of the meeting.