Meeting Notices, Agendas, & Public Hearing Items for the Week of February 6, 2023.
- Notice of Surrey Ethics Commissioner Selection Committee Meeting
- Notice of Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Area
- Notice of Amendment Bylaw No. 20598 for the Council Procedure Bylaw to be adopted at February 13, 2023 Regular Council Public Hearing Meetings
To participate in a committee meeting, see the agenda below for further instructions. For more information, review the Committees, Commissions, Boards and Task Forces page.
Day & Date
Status (Open or Closed)
|Ethics Commissioner Selection Committee Meeting||5E - Councillors' Boardroom||Open|
Council Meeting Types
Learn about the four types of council meetings. All regular council and committee meetings are open to the public.
Open to the public, this less formal meeting of City Council is usually held on Monday afternoons. This meeting provides a forum for the public to bring concerns before Council to be heard. These meetings also deal with reports and recommendations from City staff that generally require a presentation or a more lengthy discussion process.
Regular Council – Land Use
Official community plan, zoning bylaw, or other land-use applications are first introduced at the Land Use meetings held on Monday afternoons. Council reviews and comments on the applications brought forward by the Planning Department and decides whether or not to proceed to resident input in a Public Hearing meeting. Once the public has had the opportunity to provide input, the applications are reviewed again at a future Land Use meeting at which time they may be approved or denied.
Regular Council – Public Hearing
When an application for change to an official community plan or zoning bylaw is received, a public hearing is held in order for local residents to provide input that will assist Council in the decision-making process. These open meetings are held on Monday evenings and are livestreamed on our website. Archived recordings of proceedings are also available for two years following the meeting.
This is a brief meeting held in order to close the next meeting to the public and explain why. A Closed meeting is also called an 'In-Camera' meeting although the meeting is not filmed.
How to Review Council Packages
Council packages are bookmarked for easy navigation.
View the package in your web browser
- To open the package, click on the Council package link.
- Navigate through the document by clicking on the bookmark tab on the left-hand side of the document. Select the bookmark for each item to view the associated appendices.
Download and save the package onto your computer
Check if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. You can download Acrobat for free.
- To open the package, select the council package link.
- Save the document to your computer.
- Open the file and in the panel on the left-hand side of the document click on the bookmark tab to reveal the bookmarks for each item considered by council.
- Navigate through the document by clicking on the bookmark for each item and expanding the bookmark to view the associated appendices.
Public Hearing Items - February 13, 2023
Welcome back to Council Chambers! Council meetings will be held in person. Learn how to participate in and attend this special council meeting.
|11420 - 157A Street||Bylaw Notice||Bylaw No. 20833
Bylaw No. 20834
|Planning File No. 7922-0212-00||5718 Woodside Place||Bylaw Notice||Bylaw No. 20842|
|Planning File No. 7916-0415-00||16437 and 16483 - 20 Avenue||Bylaw Notice||Bylaw No. 20838|
|Planning File No. 7920-0100-00||1704 - 160 Street||Bylaw Notice||Bylaw No. 20839
Bylaw No. 20840
Public Notification - Permits
There are no speaking opportunities for Development Variance Permits and Temporary Use Permits. Your comments must be received in writing for Council's consideration
|Planning File No. 7922-0349-00||13872 Crescent Road||Development Variance Permit Notice|
|Planning File No. 7922-0370-00||5337 – 180 Street||Temporary Use Permit Notice|
|Planning File No. 7921-0104-00||13020 - 112A Avenue||Development Variance Permit Notice|
|Planning File No. 7922-0100-00||988 - 164 Street||Development Variance Permit Notice|