Councillor Allison Patton
Meet Councillor Allison Patton.
Drawing from the experience of having lived and raised my family in diverse pockets of Surrey, including Cloverdale, White Rock, and South Surrey I have gained a well rounded perspective of the multi-dimensional needs within each town centre.
I have a strong sense of giving back to my community. As a Naturopathic Doctor in South Surrey for the past 19 years, I work closely with my staff to provide my patients with solutions to their health related concerns.
What I have noticed over the years is that a person’s health is closely linked to the health of the community they live in. It is for this reason that I ran to become a City Councillor with the Safe Surrey Coalition. I want to ensure that our communities in all areas of Surrey are healthy and thriving. A motto that resonates with me is, "Live, Work, Play and Stay in Surrey"; especially when it comes to our youth.
Working closely with the School Board to ensure that the Five Year Capital Plan for schools comes to fruition so that we can support Smart Development is important to me. I look forward to forming our Municipal Police Service and I am excited about the SkyTrain construction.
I'm proud of an expanding portfolio within Economic Development. Being that I am a business owner, I understand the importance of our local business economy. Within this portfolio, I look forward to working closely with academia, non-profit and all levels of government to support and improve the quality of life of our residents and the overall health of our local and regional communities.
- Metro Vancouver Board - Director
- Metro Vancouver Climate Action Committee
- Metro Vancouver Electoral Area A
- City of Surrey Investment and Innovation Impact Committee
- City of Surrey Development Advisory Committee – Vice Chair
- City of Surrey Agriculture, Environment and Investment Committee – Chair
- City of Surrey Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee
- City of Surrey Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- Surrey Housing and Homeless Society
- Discover Surrey Council Liaison
- At-Risk and Priority Population Task Force - Co-Chairperson
- Peace Arch Hospital Steering Committee
- Peace Arch Hospital Grant Committee
- South Surrey White Rock Chamber of Commerce's Council Liaison
- First-time Councillor
- Small Business owner since 2001
- MBA with a specialization in Leadership from Royal Roads in 2010
- Governor General’s Gold Medal Recipient for my thesis work from Royal Roads
- Licensed as an Naturopathic Doctor in 2001 after graduating from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto
- Awarded John La Plante Leadership Award upon Graduation from CCNM
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree Double Major Biochemistry and Psychology from UVic