Skip navigation

Closing Your Street

Block Party in Fraser Heights

When you are wanting to Host a Block Party it is best to apply for a street closure at least 3 weeks beforehand.

Steps to Closing Your Street for a Block Party

  1. Involve your neighbours
    When inviting your neighbours, share your idea for closing the street, and record their support with the sign-off form. 100% of households must support the road closure. Talk to everyone on your block, including those across the street from each end of the block.
    Download the Sign-Off Form

  2. Provide a map of the area
    A map showing the requested road closure area. You can visit COSMOS our city mapping program or Google maps to create and print a pdf map.

  3. Insurance
    You will need to have $2 million in liability insurance. You can use your own provider, or purchase insurance through the City of Surrey with a credit card.

  4. Road Closure Permit
    The Block Party Committee will submit your Road Closure Permit Application on your behalf to the Engineering Department and they will contact you directly once received. There is no cost to you.

  5. Barricades
    Renting barricades is free, please contact for questions regarding coordination of barricades.

Feel free to contact friendly and knowledgable City of Surrey staff regarding your block party inquiries at