Our Social Media Administrators reserve the right to delete the following comments or messages:
- Posts, comments or messages that are hateful, offensive, discriminatory, violent, sexual, or comments that contain personal attacks, encourage or incite hatred or violence or reasonably compromise public safety
- Messages that are illegal or encourage illegal activities, including defamation, fraud, breaching privacy, copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Posts, comments or messages that contain threatening, abusive, discriminatory or obscene material
- Posts, comments or messages that duplicate, store or transmit copyrighted material
- Repetitive comments or posts not topically related to COS content posts
- Posts, comments or messages that lobby for political purposes
- Posts, comments or messages material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Posts, comments or messages that advertises or solicits on behalf of businesses or not-for-profit organizations
- Posts, comments or messages that falsely claim to represent a person or organization or posted by someone using more than account
If you have any other suggestions or new ideas for the City of Surrey on social media, give us some website feedback with your thoughts.
Please consider the following:
- The City's liking, following, retweeting, messaging, or sharing of content should not be interpreted as any kind of endorsement
- The City is not responsible for any personal information or other information posted on public social media channels. All personal information on public social media channels is considered a record available to the general public.
Please protect other's privacy. Do not post any personal information of other's including:
- Identifying particulars, such as a picture of someone's face
- Name, email address, phone number, or address
- Criminal, health, employment, or financial history
- Identifying numbers