Our Social Media Administrators reserve the right to delete the following types of comments or messages:
- Posts, comments or messages that are hateful, offensive, discriminatory, violent, sexual, or comments that contain personal attacks, encourage or incite hatred or violence or reasonably compromise public safety
- Messages that are illegal or encourage illegal activities, including defamation, fraud, breaching privacy, copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Posts, comments or messages that contain threatening, abusive, discriminatory or obscene material
- Posts, comments or messages that duplicate, store or transmit copyrighted material
- Repetitive comments or posts not topically related to COS content posts
- Posts, comments or messages that lobby for political purposes
- Posts, comments or messages material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Posts, comments or messages that advertises or solicits on behalf of businesses or not-for-profit organizations
- Posts, comments or messages that falsely claim to represent a person or organization or posted by someone using more than account
Responding to Comments
We monitor our channels Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to support resident inquiries.
We make every effort to answer inquiries within 24 hours. We will connect residents with the right department if we cannot answer within a timely manner.
Comments that violate the rules above may be hidden or removed where the social media platform allows.
Please consider the following:
- The City's liking, following, retweeting, messaging, or sharing of content should not be interpreted as any kind of endorsement.
- The City does not guarantee a response to every question or comment received.
- The City is not responsible for any personal information or other information posted on public social media channels. All personal information on public social media channels is considered a record available to the general public.
Protecting the Privacy of Others
Please protect other's privacy. Do not post any personal information of other's including:
- Identifying particulars, such as a picture of someone's face
- Name, email address, phone number, or address
- Criminal, health, employment, or financial history
- Identifying numbers
If you have suggestions or new ideas for the City of Surrey on social media, please use our website feedback form.