November 11, 2016
Surrey Remembers at the Surrey Museum and Surrey Archives
After the ceremony, come in to the Museum to warm up and enjoy activities:
- Children can make “peaceful crafts,” like tissue paper poppies and thankful artwork, to commemorate the day.
- Write thank you notes on postcards that will be delivered to Lower Mainland veterans and their families.
- Set the kids loose in the fully interactive Kids Gallery to explore sustainability from a child's point of view. View WWII documentary videos in the Museum’s theatre.
- Watch demonstrations of weaving and spinning in the Textile Studio. See a heritage loom used to rehabilitate veterans and try your hand at weaving on the Museum’s table loom.
- Warm up with hot beverages and cookies.
Join us in the Archives across the plaza for these activities:
- View wartime newspapers, documents and photographs.
- Hear true stories of wartime shared by Surrey veterans in a slideshow.
- Family activities, including crafts and puzzles.
Drop in, Free
Location: Surrey Museum, 17710 - 56A Avenue
Time: 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Town Centre: Cloverdale