Skip navigation

Highway Garage

Highway Garage

Heritage Area: Cloverdale

Site #: 49

Location: 5723 176 Street

Registered: November 2, 1998

Significance: Historical

Description: Originally a livery stable built in 1919 and became a garage the following year. Square plain industrial shed underwent major renovations in 1938, adding barrel vault roof and false front facade with opening on facade that contained the fire siren for Cloverdale Volunteer Fire Brigade.

Listed on the Canadian Register of Historic Places