Skip navigation

Port Kells Park

Port Kells Heritage Park

Heritage Area: Port Kells

Site #: 248

Location: 19340 88 Avenue

Registered: Sept 11, 2006

Significance: Architectural, Historical

Description: In the early 1930s the municipality acquired ten acres on Davis Road (88th Avenue) for a park, which officially opened in 1933. It was equipped with a lacrosse box, swings, picnic tables and a Dutch Oven. A swimming pool was built in the park and opened in 1946; it deteriorated and was replaced by a new pool in 1968. The trees in the park have matured, and some of the Sitka Spruce and Douglas Fir are now recognized as significant trees.