Skip navigation

Smith Farmhouse

Smith Farmhouse

Heritage Area: Clayton

Site #: 124

Location: 16913-66 Avenue

Registered: Nov. 2, 1998

Significance: Architectural, Historical

Description: Craftsman-style house with simple side gable massing built c. 1915 by Andrew and Thomas Smith. Cross gable on north side and a parallel gable on west and east sides added in 1929. Features front-gabled portico and three chimneys. Original narrow vertical lap siding (still visible on original external east wall inside basement) was covered by stucco following additions to east and north sides. The Smiths were originally poultry farmers; later expanded to dairy operation.