Skip navigation

Calkins House and Store

Calkins house and store

Heritage Area: Clayton

Site #: 195

Location: 18394 Fraser Highway

Registered: December 4, 2000

Significance: Historical

Description: Craftsman-detailed house featuring open rake and eaves, exposed rafter ends, front gabled roof and shed roof addition with facade of store extending to right of house. Built in 1925 as one of the earliest stores and service stations, operated by Martha and Frank Calkins until 1942.