Candidate Nomination Package
Download the nomination package
Each candidate running for the Office of Mayor, Councillor and School Trustee will be given the option to submit his/her candidate profile information along with his/her nomination package. All profiles will include up to 150 words and a 2-minute video of each candidate, posted on this website. Written profiles will be published in the Voter’s Guide, to provide voters an opportunity to learn more about the candidates.
Candidate Nomination Process
For detailed information on the nomination process:
- Mayor and Councillor candidates can view and download Guidance & Resources for Running for Local Office provided by the province and the Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Candidates and their Financial Agents from Elections BC.
- School Trustee candidates can view and download the School Trustee Election Procedures and all relevant forms provided by the province and can download the Guide for School Trustee Candidates 2018 from the British Columbia School Trustees Association site.
- An elector organization may endorse a candidate by completing the endorsement package. Please check the Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Elector Organizations and their Financial Agent from Elections BC for more information.
Filing Your Nomination Package
Candidate nominations can only be filed by appointment during the nomination period: September 4, 2018 at 9:00am to September 14, 2018 at 4:00pm.
Please book your appointment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Election Office at 604-591-4389.
When making an appointment to submit a nomination package, candidates must advise whether or not they intend to film a candidate profile video and photo shoot for display on this website. Candidates are responsible for being camera-ready. The Candidate Profile Guidelines and Form for writing your 150-word bio, including video and photo requirements are included in the Candidate Nomination Package.
Completed nomination packages with the accompanying endorsement package (if applicable) must be delivered by hand to the Corporate Services Department (5E) at Surrey City Hall, 13450 104 Avenue, at an arranged appointment during the following dates and times:
- 9:00am – 4:30pm Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- 8:30am – 4:30pm Wednesday, September 5 to Friday, September 7, 2018
- 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday, September 10 to Thursday, September 13, 2018
- 8:30am – 4:00pm Friday, September 14, 2018
The deadline for filing your nomination package is Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4:00pm.
IMPORTANT: All candidates and elector organizations are required to complete a Statement of Disclosure as per the Provincial Financial Disclosure Act and Local Elections Campaign Financing Act. For more information, refer to the Local Elections Guides provided by Elections BC. After the election, candidates and elector organizations must fully disclose individuals or organizations that financed their campaign in accordance with applicable legislation.