Pop-Up Junk Drop
Get rid of household items you can’t put out during your regular waste collection service at Pop Up Junk Drop.
Date & Time
Tickets & Pricing
City of Surrey Pop-up Junk events have been discontinued for 2020 until further notice to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission. There are 50+ staff required to work these events, and it would be too challenging for staff and residents to lift heavy items while adhering to physical distancing protocols.
Prepare for Pop Up Junk Drop
To gain entry, you must present a valid government issued identification that proves you are a Surrey resident.
City of Surrey residents can bring up to a pick-up load of materials (one-ton maximum size). Please limit 1 trip per household for 1 ton trucks. Please do not bring commercial vehicles. No trailers with hydraulic lifts and/or larger than 8 ft. long
Pre-sort your items
Speed up the process by pre-sorting your items. The drop-off areas in sequence will be as follows: recycling, renovation/furniture and donations/reusable. Ensure your items are accepted. See below.
Drop off any of the following accepted items:
- Furniture & Mattresses: Couches, chairs, mattresses, and other household furniture
- Electronics: Computers, TV's, batteries, and other household electronics
- Small Appliances: vacuums, , countertop appliances, fans, power tools, , exercise equipment
- Large Appliances and Scrap Metal: Fridges, freezers, washers, dryers, and other household appliances, scrap metal and bicycles
- Household Renovation Waste: sinks, toilets, wood. Please keep clean wood separate from dirty/waste wood.
- Other Household Items: Styrofoam, cardboard, mixed plastic (toys, household items, garden furniture, etc), , glass jars, infant car seats, tires (only tires without rims will be accepted)
- Lighting Products: light bulbs and tubes, lighting fixtures, lighting ballasts
Items for Donation
You can also donate reusable items that are in good condition at the event. Salvation Army and Diabetes Canada will be gathering the following items for donation:
- Gently used clothing
- Clothing accessories (shoes, purses, hats, etc.)
- Used sports or recreational equipment
- Small electrical appliances
- Housewares (dishes, cutlery, cookware)
- Decor items
Please do not bring large items (such as furniture) for donation.
We will not accept commercial waste and we will not accept waste from commercial vehicles. Vehicles containing drywall, and/or vehicles that do not comply with other event requirements, will be turned away.
- Hazardous Construction Waste: No asbestos containing materials, drywall, plaster, joint compound, vinyl flooring, ceiling tiles, vermiculite, old chimney bricks, explosives, or ammunition.
- Commercial Waste: No dirt, rocks, sand, roofing materials, drywall, concrete, bricks, asbestos containing materials, or unidentified waste from commercial properties
- Hazardous Household Waste: No paint, solvents, flammable liquids, gasoline, propane tanks, helium tanks, or pesticides
- Other Unaccepted Items: No animal waste, animal carcasses, car parts (tires are accepted), lead-acid batteries, large tree stumps, windows, sliding glass doors, or hot tubs.
For information on proper disposal of unaccepted items and to find a disposal facility near you, please visit Product Care Recycling, the Recycling Council of BC's Recyclepedia, or call the recycling hotline at 604-RECYCLE (604-732-9253).