Sketching in the Galleries
Enjoy a serene visit to sketch one of several galleries in the museum.
Date & Time
Tickets & Pricing
Each Thursday afternoon, 12 lucky guests will have the entire museum to themselves to put to paper the artifacts on display. With space to social distance and a quiet atmosphere to think, participants will create artwork with supplies brought from home. Seniors and families with older children particularly enjoy this free program.
April Sketching Dates
Each session takes places on Thursdays from 3:00 to 4:30pm. Please note you must register for dates individually.
- Thursday, April 1
- Thursday, April 8
- Thursday, April 15
- Thursday, April 22
- Thursday, April 29
"It was a very introspective experience. There was time, space and quiet to allow the artifacts to speak to me. I felt safe and walked away with some great sketches too." - Past Participant
Drift Between Galleries
During each 90 minutes sketching session, guests may visit the Feature Gallery, Indigenous Hall and the Surrey Stories Gallery, featuring the following exhibits:
- Shake Up: Preserving What We Value
- I am Semiahmoo / I am Survivor of the Flood
- Various displays about Surrey's history
Special thanks to the Bateman Foundation for providing sketchbooks.
How to Register
- Call 604-592-6956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date you wish to register for, as well as how many people will be in your party (including children). Leave a message if no one answers, and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- If everyone in your party has a MySurrey account, you may register online.