Credit: Sketching Keith Rice Jones's Monumental Sculptures in the Surrey Arts Centre courtyard. Photo by Third Eye Pro.
Surrey Art Gallery Exhibition Visits
Join us for pre-booked, self-guided exhibition visits as Surrey Art Gallery celebrates its 45th anniversary.
Date & Time
Tickets & Pricing
Free. Please pre-book for Tuesdays and Thursdays 4–7pm or Saturdays 10am–3pm.
Be Inspired by Art this Spring!
We invite you to visit our exhibitions at the Gallery:
- Mark Soo: Twilight on the Edge of Town immerses you in a multi-projection video installation where the recent past meets the speculative future
- Delineations: Marilyn Dyer & Gailan Ngan presents paintings by Marilyn Dyer and ceramic sculptures by Gailan Ngan, two BC artists with an interest in line and form
- Yam Lau: Hutong House invites you to look inside a traditional Chinese courtyard house in this video installation about home, friendship, and time
- Art by Surrey Secondary School Students showcases drawings, paintings, collages, photographs, and prints from over 50 youth artists throughout the building
Pre-booking is required.
Sketching in the Gallery
Make art while experiencing art! We are excited to offer drawing benches for people to use to sketch the art on display. Drawing bench dimensions are 38" long x 9.5" wide by 33" high. Each bench comes with a drawing board measuring 24" x 32.5".
All skill levels welcome! Bring your own gallery-friendly art materials (pencils, paper, and coloured pencils).
Sketching in the Gallery takes place during our pre-booked, self-guided visits.
How to Book Your Visit
Email the Gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 604-501-5566 (press 1). The exhibition visits and sketching opportunities are available on select days and times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 4–7pm
- Saturdays 10am–3pm
Keeping Your Visit to the Gallery Safe
After pre-booking your self-guided exhibition tour, arrive at the Arts Centre for your designated time, observing COVID-19 health protocols. We will assist you with the pre-screening through the exterior Box Office windows. Once inside, we will have individual Visitor Guides and activities (available online and printed for your use only) for your single direction tours. Your visit can extend up to 90 minutes.
We ask that you use our hand sanitizer stations upon arrival and after any touch points. Masks are mandatory and must be worn in all City facilities. During your visit you are welcome to use our accessibility bathroom across from the Front Desk. For your comfort, please bring your own water as our drinking fountains are not available.
Additional Gallery Offerings
We’ll be offering onsite art courses for children, youth, and adults ranging from watercolour and clay sculpture to drawing and much more! Consider taking our at leisure drawing and ceramics Art Takeout courses at home as well, and continue to visit us online for our Art in Conversation, Art in Motion, and Art From the Archives offerings.