The City of Surrey Is Now Hiring Election Workers for the 2022 Municipal Election
The City of Surrey has officially kicked off its recruitment period to fill a variety of positions for the upcoming 2022 municipal election.
Surrey, BC – The City of Surrey has officially kicked off its recruitment period to fill a variety of positions for the upcoming 2022 municipal election. Workers will be hired to work at polling stations on election day, Saturday, October 15, 2022, as well as a location on an advance voting day – October 5, 8, 9 and 12, 2022.
“We’re excited to kick off Surrey’s 2022 municipal election campaign and invite those who are interested to consider joining our team for a fun and rewarding experience,” said Michael Rothwell, Surrey’s Deputy Chief Election Officer. “We have a variety of positions to suit different skill sets and interests and we look forward to a robust, high energy campaign and election period.”
Those interested in applying must meet the following requirements:
- Legally able to work in Canada (You do not have to be a Canadian citizen to apply.)
- Must apply online and complete the online test
- Must successfully complete the scheduled training (September 19 – October 1, 2022)
- Attention to detail and strong customer services skills
- Computer knowledge and ability
- Fluency in English is required with other languages an asset
Election workers must not be related to any candidate running for office and must not be actively working for any election campaign. Past municipal election experience is an asset. Training will be provided.
Interested applicants can learn more and apply at surrey.ca/election.