Explore and learn about Surrey's natural environment during the annual Environmental Extravaganza!
Surrey’s Environmental Extravaganza is a long-running series of environmental programs that runs from April to June each year, hosted with the help of community partners. This year’s Environmental Extravaganza provided opportunities for Surrey residents to get outside and explore nature through a variety of close-to-home, self-guided park activities. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Even though the Extravaganza is over for this year, we encourage you to check out these activities that will encourage and guide your ongoing outdoor adventures.
Explore Surrey’s urban forest while playing Urban Forest Bingo. How many of these activities can you check off?
Get to know new parks with different themed Park Crawls. Each one will introduce you to the diversity of Surrey’s parks and help you to see them through a different lens.
Special thanks to our community partners. Check out their environmental contributions in Surrey and learn how you can get involved.
- B.C. Cetacean Sightings Network
- Better Environmentally Sound Transportation
- Burns Bog Conservation Society
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
- Darts Hill Conservancy Trust Society
- Freshwater Fisheries Society of B.C.
- Friends of Semiahmoo Bay Society
- Friends of Semiahmoo Heritage Trail
- Green Timbers Heritage Society
- Hancock Wildlife Foundation
- Honeybee Centre
- Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver
- Little Campbell Watershed Society
- Metro Vancouver Regional Parks
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Nicomekl Enhancement Society
- Northern Spotted Owl Breeding Program
- Ocean Park Beautification Committee
- Ocean Park Community Orchard
- O.W.L. Rehabilitation Society
- Parks Canada
- Salmon Habitat Restoration Program (SHaRP)
- Semiahmoo Fish and Game Club
- Sunnyside Acres Heritage Society
- Surrey Libraries
- Surrey’s Natural Areas Partnership (SNAP)
- Surrey Urban Farmers’ Market
- Surrey Youth Stewardship Squad (SYSS)
- White Rock and Surrey Naturalists Society