Step outside with friends or family and enjoy the many different walking routes Surrey has to offer.
Surrey Walks Together Contest
With loosened public health restrictions, there's no better time to walk together with friends to stay active and improve your mood.
Enter to win! Between July 1 and August 14, 2021 we're giving away two prize packages of a $50 Sport Chek gift card and water bottle.
There are two ways to enter:
- Join one of our Saturday morning volunteer-led walks (see below). One winner will be drawn from participants; or
- Fill out an online entry form.
Walking is a great way to get around and explore our City. It also happens to be a great way to improve your health and help achieve your fitness goals.
See below for handy walking resources to help you explore new routes, stay safe, and be active.
WALKit Web Map
Try the new interactive web map to get an overview of pedestrian routes across Surrey, including routes that are age friendly. Plan your preferred route and enjoy a stroll outdoors. You can meet new people, get some fresh air and exercise.
New for July 2021 only, join City of Surrey volunteers for volunteer-led walks on Saturday mornings at 10:00 am. Everyone welcome.
Location: Bear Creek Park
Length: 3 km
Time: 45 minutes
Meeting Place: Kiosk at the trail start in the parking lot off of 140 Street
Location: Green Timbers Urban Forest Park
Length: 2.3 km
Time: 35 minutes
Meeting Place: Kiosk at the trail start in the parking lot off of 100 Avenue
Location: Fleetwood Park
Length: 2.7 km
Time: 40 minutes
Meeting Place: Garden entrance gate in the upper parking lot off of 80 Avenue
Postponed to August 21 due to extreme heat
Location: Crescent Park
Length: 3 km
Time: 45 minutes
Meeting Place: Kiosk in the parking lot off of 132 Street near the washrooms
Trails & Parks
If you prefer walking through the forest or surrounded by nature and wildlife, check out:
- Nature Trails - View a guidebook of nature trails maintained by the City of Surrey.
- Tynehead Regional Park Map - View a map of Tynehead Park, managed by Metro Vancouver.
- Surrey Bend Regional Park Map - View a map of Surrey Bend, managed by Metro Vancouver.
- Surrey Parks - View a complete directory of Surrey's parks, most of which have walking paths available.
Walking a path at Hi-Knoll Park.
Bear Creek Park walking track.
Walking with others is a great way to catch up with family and friends while also getting fresh air and exercise. There are also numerous walking groups in Surrey for anyone looking to get out and meet new people.
Check out the following resources to find a group near you:
- Guildford Town Centre Walking Club
- Meetup for Walking Groups
- Semiahmoo Walkers
- Seniors Transportation and Access Walking Groups
- The Surrey Trekkers
- Walkers Caucus
Know of a walking group not on this list? Please contact email@example.com.
Guildford Recreation Centre's indoor walking track.
Walk for a great cause at an upcoming charity walk in Surrey:
Sign up for a Charity Walk near you:
- Run Surrey Run
- Coldest Night of the Year
- Walk with Your Doc
- Terry Fox Run
- The Father's Day Run
- Child Development Foundation
- CIBC Run for the Cure
- CDSS Walk for Awareness
- Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes
- Surrey MS Walk
Know of a charitable walk not on this list? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For scenic walks that take you past public art, gardens, or the waterfront, check out:
The Rivers that Connect Us is located at Museum of Surrey, 17710 56A Avenue.