The Live Green World is located in the large tent on Civic Plaza, and will feature an educational speaker series, sustainable and indigenous marketplace, acoustic concert series, meet and greets with Moana and Maui, plus a variety of vendor activations.
- 99 Nursery & Florist will be onsite with an amazing selection of plants/floral arrangements for sale as well as doing a workshop on how to take care of your garden.
- Doterra will be onsite sampling essential oils, essential oil education and will have essential oil products for sale (books, diffusers). Essential Rays: Come check out Essential Rays for diffuser bracelets, Lava, diffuser necklaces, anklets, earrings (lava) and key chains (lava).
- Stop be the Honeybee Centre booth to BEE educated and inspired! Learn about bees, beekeeping, honey, pollination and more!
Indigenous Natural Fibre artist, Patti Williams
- Various handcrafted items will be on for sale made of natural fibers including inner Cedar bark and pine needles. There will also be art demonstrations.
- Check out handmade mala necklaces, bracelets, resin jewelry, crystals, metaphysical and spiritual items for sale.
- Clothing is one of the fastest-growing waste streams, accounting for approximately 44 million pounds of clothing annually in Metro Vancouver. In response to this issue, Metro Vancouver has launched "Think Thrice About Your Clothes" to raise awareness about the issue and empower residents to take action. Visit www.clothesarentgarbage.ca for more info.
- Come check out natural bath and body products for sale!
- Radically reduce the use of harmful chemicals in your home and the environment. Clean with just WATER and our cloths and remove 99% of bacteria on surfaces.
- Rustikal will be onsite with a focus on creating environmentally friendly products using sustainable, natural materials. They upcycle cotton fabric to make beeswax food wraps, crochet jute baskets, weave baskets from pine needles and create organic cotton as well as linen scarves and shawls and work with pallet wood for various projects.
- Sahaja Yoga Meditation will be onsite to talk to interested people about stress relief meditation. They will also give realization to seekers of connecting to their inner selves. The staff will also be handing out flyers with more information and details of follow up programs.
- Seeding Square is gardening made simple! It’s the seed spacer that grows perfectly spaced vegetables, reduces weeds, conserves water and maximizes yield. Little-green thumbs love that it’s colour coded, so be prepared for extra helpers.
- Tupperware will be onsite providing information and products on how to save waste, space, and taste with Tupperware products. They will be doing demos on new on-the-go Tupperware.
- ZipbagsU products will include handmade reusable snack/sandwich bags and more. The products are made from food-grade PUL ProCare and an exterior made of 100% cotton or nylon canvas.
Moana Meet & Greet
- Join Moana and Maui to share stories, hugs, and snapshots. Come tell her the tales of your travels and hear all about her incredible ocean-going adventures with Maui.
The Environmental Extravaganza is a series of free environmental programs and events that take place between Earth Day (April) and World Oceans Day (June) each year. In 2020 the Environmental Extravaganza is happening between Saturday, April 18 and Sunday, June 7, and kicks off each year at Party for the Planet!
- Urban Forestry will be onsite promoting the Environmental Extravaganza which is a series of free environmental programs and events taking place between Earth Day and World Oceans Day each year. Be sure to check out some of the partners and community
- Discover local Regional parks where you can connect to nature. Learn about local wildlife and opportunities within Regional Parks for wildlife viewing.
- Learn all about the northern spotted owl and how the conservation efforts to restore this iconic Pacific Northwest species in BC. Displays of owl feathers, owl eggs, photographs of young owl chicks, and get involved by checking out the Northern Spotted Owl Breeding Program’s live nest stream.
- What is Burns Bog? Where can I find it? Why should I visit it? Find out the answers to these questions and more! Chat with Society staff for information on upcoming events, fundraisers and volunteer opportunities. Interested in what we do? Learn more about our current research and education programs, as well as how we’re working to protect Burns Bog for future generations- and how you can help!
- Displays of stages of egg hatching and growth of baby salmon to release size. They will also have information on the serpentine watershed and what it drains, information on salmon send-off in May and posters and coloring sheets/stickers for kids.
- CPAWS-BC invites you to visit their booth to play interactive games, participate in a raffle, and take photos at their pop-up photo booth!
- The OPBC was formed by neighbours in Ocean Park to draw public attention to the need to protect tree growth and tree canopy in South Surrey. They will be onsite to educate the public about the value trees give us.
- The Parks Canada Learn-to Camp team will be providing activities and information about camping opportunities in coastal BC. Be prepared to test your camping knowledge and learn something new with their fun activities.
- Who's that in the tree? Learn about the important role trees have in our ecosystem, the significance of mature trees and who benefits them.
- Come check out natural items to see, touch and wonder at; the Green Timbers Heritage Society will have maps of trails, pictures from the past and information on the natural historical items of interest in the Green Timbers Forest. SNAP (Surrey's Natural Areas Partnerships) will also be onsite with activities for children.
- Explore, imagine create! Science Club specializes in science enrichment programs for ages 2-10. Join us for hands-on displays and activities!
- The Hancock Foundation is dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and its habitats through science, education, and stewardship. The foundation is known for the live streaming video of eagle nests in Surrey and other areas of the Fraser Valley. Party guests will be able to view live camera footage of eagle pairs in the nest. On April 18th, there could be eagles hatching on camera. There will also be footage of eagles who have to wear GPS tracking vests that enable the foundation to see their flight paths throughout BC.
- BC Pant will be onsite handing out free saplings (5 native species), & free ladybugs. They’ll have an educative activity/game for the kids as well as a colouring corner. Wood samples will be on display with information about trees/plants environment. Also, you don’t want to miss getting a picture with their adorable ladybug mascot!
- Enjoy making an eco-friendly wearable art piece at this booth which will be great for a photo opportunity and an amazing takeaway souvenir!
- Stop by the KPU booth for your free Party for the Planet photo souvenir. All you have to do is smile and say cheese! Guests will be invited to play a trivia game to win free KPU swag and will have the opportunity to speak to current KPU students about their programs, campus life, how to apply and where they'll fit in at KPU!
- Sample the official drink of Party for the Planet. A healthy smoothie mixed in a blender powered by a bike and you!
- Join the Surrey Nature Centre to play and discover! This free play activity provides kids and adults of all ages with nature-inspired loose parts to build with.
- Visit the Port of Vancouver Community Relations Team will be at the booth to play a variety of interactive and educational games with children that will teach them about the port and what it is like to live in a port city. The booth will also have a variety of crafts such as trucks, trains, boats and colouring sheets for children to colour and build.
- Drop by the Surrey Art Gallery’s pop-up art booth to create your own art monster suncatcher! Friendly and experienced artist educators and volunteers will encourage your imaginative exploration of recycled materials for your take-home custom artwork. Plus don’t forget an art monster stamp and button to wear!
- Explore the pop-up park showcasing the diversity of Surrey Parks! Discover nature trails to walk, places to picnic, and colourful gardens to enjoy. Learn about ways to connect with your community and protect these special places- now and for the future.
- Come to Toddler Town, a safe but fun space for young ones to run, play and have fun!