New! The Live Green World will take up the majority of Civic Plaza, and will feature environmental workshops, a sustainable marketplace, acoustic concert series, meet and greets with Big Bird and Elmo, plus a variety of vendors.
- 99 Nursery & Florist will be onsite with an amazing selection of gardening plants for sale as well as doing a workshop on “Vegetable Gardening on the Patio"
- Learn how to preserve and enhance our environment for the future with staff at BC Plant Health Care. They will provide you will all the knowledge you need to know about tree care, tree removal, tree planting/transplanting and more! Enjoy their workshop on “The Benefits of Trees”.
Caring for your Trees’ Health - Presented by City of Surrey Urban Forestry
Discover the dos and don’ts of keeping your backyard trees healthy and happy. Learn about space, light and water. Don’t plant now, plant for the future, by choosing the right tree for your space! Ask an Arborist your tree care questions afterwards.
Innovation, environmental stewardship and social responsibility; Ethical Profiling will be hosting a workshop on Sustainable Apparel Manufacturing.
Gardening with Native Plants - Presented by City of Surrey Urban Forestry
Become a steward of Surrey’s urban forest in your own backyard or balcony. Learn about the benefits of gardening with native plants, and which plants you should choose. Get started by purchasing native plants at our plant sale and get growing! Plants are $2 and $5.
- Engage and be inspired by a joint workshop presented by Mayne Lights and The Honeybee Centre to learn “How to Use & Maintain Beeswax Food Wraps”.
Pack it in, Pack it out: How To Host A Sustainable Park Event - Presented by City of Surrey Park Partnerships
- Trade in your pizza boxes for reusable containers to pack your next picnic into the park. Learn about ways to reduce your waste and environmental impact when hosting an event in Surrey’s parks.
- Sahaja Yoga will be at Party for the Planet with a booth and workshop, talking to people about stress relief meditation. They will provide realization to seekers of connecting to their inner self.
- Learn how to radically reduce the use of harmful chemicals in your home!
Tree Pruning Basics - Presented by City of Surrey Urban Forestry
- Have you ever tried to trim your own hair, then wished you had visited a hairdresser? Don’t do the same to your trees! Learn some tree trimming tips and tricks from a certified arborist and gain confidence in caring for your trees. Ask an Arborist your pruning questions afterwards.
- 99 Nursery & Florist will be onsite with an amazing selection of plants/floral arrangements for sale as well as doing a workshop on how to take care of your garden.
Barakh Soaps N’ Body
- Barakh Soaps N’ Body makes handmade organic soap, bath products, massage oils using organic and local products from the source.
- Camellia Pure Essential Oils is 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils. Hand bottled and blended right here in Surrey. Also available will be diffusers and handmade essential oil bracelets.
- Celina Miller Art will be onsite as a local artist who creates beautiful dot mandalas, sacred geometry and other dot art on canvas, wood, stones and recycled vinyl records.
Cree-ations by Neva
- Visit “Cree-ations by Neva” for native handmade beaded moccasins, earrings, keychains, dreamcatchers and more!
- Curvy Pots will be onsite selling pottery and promoting local handmade reusable goods.
Estylo Handmade Bags
- Come check out some amazing handmade bags and accessories using sustainable materials.
- Stop be the Honeybee Centre booth to BEE educated and inspired! Learn about bees, beekeeping, honey, pollination and more!
- Choose from over 50 amazing plant-based products ranging from weightloss, to rapid hair, nail and lash growth to health to skin care and even a full keto line!
Maker Cube will be onsite selling local made handcrafted products all made by members at Maker Cube. The are an environmentally friendly communal workshop space for wood working, welding, 3D printing and more!
- Mayne Lights makes beeswax food wraps using cotton fabrics and pure, locally sourced beeswax. They use bright, fun fabrics with personality. They also make EcoSoya wax candles using repurposed containers such as vintage mason jars and other thrift shop and second hand sourced finds.
- Come check out Me Time for homemade healing charcoal/bentonite clay face soap, healing bentonite clay bath soak, healing lip balms, massage bars, lotion bars/sticks and pain rub. All products are made with natural/beneficial ingredients and pure essential oils.
- Metro Vancouver has just launched “Think thrice about your clothes”, a clothing waste reduction campaign aimed at raising awareness about clothing waste and providing tangible tips and ideas to help residents reduce their own clothing waste. Metro Vancouver residents will be onsite engaging residents about the campaign, and doing clothing repair demonstrations and simple clothing repairs for visitors.
- Radically reduce the use of harmful chemicals in your home! Clean with Norwex microfibre and water and remove 99% of bacteria off of surfaces.
- Sahaja Yoga Meditation will be onsite to talk to interested people about stress relief meditation. They will also give realization to seekers of connecting to their inner self. The staff will also be handing out flyers with more information and details of follow up programs. All Programs are free of charge/cost.
- The Surrey Urban Farmers Market will be providing information to the community about their 2019 farmers market season. There will also be availability to sign up for volunteering and vending and raise local food & artisan awareness!
- The Twisted Lemon is an old-fashioned herbal apothecary based in North Delta, BC. The vendor specializes in aromatherapy, herbal body care, and natural soaps.
- The Orangutan Project will be onsite raising awareness for the critically endangered orangutans in Indonesia and the impact on their habitat being destroyed has on us in Canada.
- Tupperware will educate the attendees at Party for the Planet about the sustainability of their products and provide information on how to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Zeina’s Chocolate Boutique will be onsite selling marvellous French macarons as well as fun and super creative chocolate barks.
Sesame Street Meet & Greet
- Bring your kids to a Sesame Street Character Meet & Greet to meet your favourite characters, Big Bird and Elmo! A great opportunity to get a picture with these legendary TV stars.
The Environmental Extravaganza is a series of free environmental programs and events that take place between Earth Day (April) and World Oceans Day (June) each year. In 2019 the Environmental Extravaganza is happening between Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, June 9, and kicks off each year at Party for the Planet!
- Urban Forestry will be onsite promoting the Environmental Extravaganza which is a series of free environmental programs and events taking place between Earth Day and World Oceans Day each year. Be sure to check out some of the partners and community
- Discover local Regional parks where you can connect to nature. Learn about local wildlife and opportunities within Regional Parks for wildlife viewing.
- Learn all about the northern spotted owl and how the conservation efforts to restore this iconic Pacific Northwest species in BC. Displays of owl feathers, owl eggs, photographs of young owl chicks, and get involved by checking out the Northern Spotted Owl Breeding Program’s live nest stream.
- Stop by this booth for some freebies and learn about the society and the importance of Burns Bog.
- Displays of stages of egg hatching and growth of baby salmon to release size. They will also have information on the serpentine water shed and what it drains, information on salmon send off in May and posters and coloring sheets/stickers for kids.
- CPAWS-BC invites you to visit their booth, play interactive games, participate in a raffle, and take photos at their pop-up photo booth!
- The Parks Canada Learn-to Camp team will be providing activities and information about camping opportunities in coastal BC. Be prepared to test your camping knowledge and learn something new with their fun activities.
- Display will include information on stewardship activities involving EPS for flotation as well as education to gain support for a resolution to provide Federal regulation that would restrict the use of unencapsulated EPS (Styrofoam) in nature. There will also be hands on activities!
- BC Pant will be onsite with an amazing activation including tree education, a kid’s corner, face-painting, plant pot decorating for kids, sapling giveaway and lady bug giveaway. They will give tips on how to preserve and enhance our environment for the future and provide all the knowledge you need to know about tree care, tree removal, tree planting/transplanting and more! Also, you don’t want to miss getting a picture with their adorable ladybug mascot!
- Enjoy making a eco-friendly wearable art piece at this booth which will be great for a photo opportunity and an amazing take-away souvenir!
- Stop by the KPU booth for your free Party for the Planet photo souvenir. All you have to do is smile and say cheese! They will also have a spinning wheel with trivia questions; KPU swag giveaways (wildflower seeds and reusable bags); and information on green/sustainable programming at KPU.
- Drop by the Museum of Surrey booth for a wide array of cool things to learn and see from the Museum as well as being entertained by a fun & engaging puppeteer!
- Visit the Port of Vancouver booth for friendly games such as their environment wall game, commodity match game, supply chain game and a few giveaways (foldable trucks, trains, boats). They will also be bringing their mascot - Salty!
- Drop by the Surrey Art Gallery’s pop-up art booth to create your own art monster sun catcher! Friendly and experienced artist educators and volunteers will encourage your imaginative exploration of recycled materials for your take home custom artwork. Plus don’t forget an art monster stamp and button to wear!
- Come to Toddler Town, a safe but fun space for young ones to run, play and have fun!