Find out if you need an Electrical Permit for your Surrey event or production, and access the application form to apply for the permit.

Entertainment Electrical Operating Permit Requirements

If you're planning an upcoming event/production in the City of Surrey, you may require an Entertainment Electrical Operating Permit. 

Electrical equipment associated with temporary entertainment productions is subject to a great deal of "wear and tear" due to the nature of installation. If not properly maintained and or installed, this equipment is subject to failure, which may pose a risk to persons and property. 

An Entertainment Electrical Operating Permit makes sure your electrical installation is monitored by a qualified person who is responsible to confirm compliance with applicable codes and standards.

Events and productions that may require a permit

Examples of temporary events/productions which may require an Entertainment Electrical Operating Permit:

  • Film/Television Productions
  • Mobile Concession Stands
  • Festivals
  • Concerts
  • Fairs
  • Carnivals
  • Temporary Amusement setups 

Review Surrey's Temporary Entertainment Electrical Installation Permits - Guideline to determine if your event requires an electrical permit. For additional information, contact the Electrical Section directly at 604-591-4240.

Submitting your Entertainment Electrical Operating Permit Application Form

As the event organizer, you are responsible for submitting your Entertainment Electrical Operating Permit Application Form 2 weeks prior to the date of your event. Get the permit application form to download and print on the Electrical Section Bulletins & Forms page.

The Field Safety Representative (FSR) or Licensed Electrical Contractor named on the permit is responsible to ensure the installation is compliant and inspections have been requested.