Port Kells Park (Heritage Site)
Learn about the beautiful park space and additional sport amenities.
Heritage Area: Port Kells
Site #: 248
Location: 19340 88 Avenue
Registered: Sept 11, 2006
Significance: Architectural, Historical
Description: In the early 1930s the municipality acquired ten acres on Davis Road (88th Avenue) for a park, which officially opened in 1933. It was equipped with a lacrosse box, swings, picnic tables and a Dutch Oven. A swimming pool was built in the park and opened in 1946; it deteriorated and was replaced by a new pool in 1968. The trees in the park have matured, and some of the Sitka Spruce and Douglas Fir are now recognized as significant trees.