Online Plumbing Permit Registration Guide
Learn how to register and use the online system to apply for your plumbing permits.
A step by step guide on how to register for a MySurrey Account and applying for your permits online.
MySurrey Registration Guide
Step 1: Sign Up for a MySurrey Account
If you do not have MySurrey Account, then click Sign Up to create an account.
If you already have a MySurrey Account, then sign in using your existing login credentials and skip to the Permit Portal Set Up section on this page for your next steps.
Step 2: Create an Account
Click Sign Up once you've entered in all of your information.
Step 3: Verify your Email Address
An email with the verification link will be sent to the email address you entered. Go to your email inbox, open the email and click on the link to complete verification. You will only need to complete this verification step once.
Verification email example:
Step 4: Sign In to your MySurrey Account
Once the email verification step is complete, you will be required to enter in your password, then click Sign In.
- You will be brought to another page asking if you wish to add a phone number for additional verification. You can Skip for Now if you do not wish to add your phone number.
- Then, it will ask if you want to subscribe to City of Surrey News and Updates and you can Skip for Now if you do not wish to subscribe.
Step 5: You're Done! Your MySurrey Account is Ready to Use
Congratulations! You've set up your MySurrey account and you can start using this service. Refer to the Permit Portal Set Up section on this page to complete your registration for our permit portal.
Permit Portal Set Up
Once you've created your MySurrey account, complete the permit portal registration by entering the access code and begin using the online system.
Choose the Type of Permit under Online Services
Once your MySurrey Account set up is complete, go back to the Online Services page and locate the type of permit you are applying for.
Select the Plumbing Permit option under Online Services. This will bring you to the Online Plumbing Permit Application page where you will click 'Apply for a Plumbing Permit Online'.
You are required to enter the access code that was sent to you by email.
- Refer to the City of Surrey Online Plumbing Permits Portal Registration Email.
- You will find the access code under Step 2: Access Code.
- You are required to enter this one time code as part of the registration process.
- This email is different from the City of Surrey Please Verify your Email for your MySurrey Account registration.
- Do not enter the SMS code you received for your phone number verification. This is not the access code for the portal.
View and Apply for your Permit
You can view and apply for a permit.
Plumbing Permits Portal
After you register and set up your MySurrey Account, you can start using our online service to apply and pay for your plumbing permits.
All Backflow, Lawn Irrigation & Permit amendments must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about applying for your plumbing permit or with the online plumbing permit portal, email email@example.com.
Can I access the old portal for my plumbing permits?
No, the old portal is no longer in service. All existing permits were migrated to the new portal.
Where can I find the new portal?
Should I use my computer or mobile phone when using the portal?
We recommend that you use a desktop computer or laptop for the best user experience.