Pop-Up Junk Drop
Get rid of household items you can’t put out during your regular waste collection service at Pop-Up Junk Drop.
Prepare for Pop-Up Junk Drop
Pop-Up Junk Drop is back this year! Watch this page for updates.
Date: June 26, 2022
Location: 14687 66 Ave (Surrey Operations Centre)
Pop-up Junk is for Surrey residents. To gain entry, you must present valid government-issued identification that proves you are a Surrey resident.
Each household can bring materials equal to a 1-ton pickup truck load.
- Limit one trip per household for 1-ton trucks.
- Do not bring commercial vehicles.
- No trailers with hydraulic lifts and/or larger than 8 ft. long.
Pre-sort your items
Speed up the process by pre-sorting your items. The drop-off areas in sequence will be:
- renovation & furniture
- donations & reusable
If you sort your items so they are accessible in this order for drop-off, the event will be faster and smoother for everyone.
Ensure your items are accepted by checking this list:
- Furniture & mattresses: couches, chairs, mattresses, and other household furniture
- Electronics: computers, TVs, batteries, and other household electronics
- Small appliances vacuums, countertop appliances, fans, power tools, exercise equipment
- Large appliances and scrap Metal: fridges, freezers, washers, dryers, and other household appliances, scrap metal and bicycles
- Household renovation waste: sinks, toilets, wood. Keep clean wood separate from dirty/waste wood
- Other household items: styrofoam, cardboard, mixed plastic (toys, household items, garden furniture, etc), glass jars, infant car seats, tires (only tires without rims will be accepted)
- Lighting products: light bulbs and tubes, lighting fixtures, lighting ballasts
Items for donation
You can also donate reusable items that are in good condition at the event. Salvation Army and Diabetes Canada will be gathering the following items for donation:
- Gently used clothing
- Clothing accessories (shoes, purses, hats, etc.)
- Used sports or recreational equipment
- Small electrical appliances
- Housewares (dishes, cutlery, cookware)
- Decor items
Do not bring large items (such as furniture) for donation.
We will not accept commercial waste and we will not accept waste from commercial vehicles. Vehicles containing drywall, and/or vehicles that do not comply with other event requirements, will be turned away. Unaccepted items include:
- Hazardous construction waste: no asbestos-containing materials, drywall, plaster, joint compound, vinyl flooring, ceiling tiles, vermiculite, old chimney bricks, explosives, or ammunition.
- Commercial waste: no dirt, rocks, sand, roofing materials, drywall, concrete, bricks, roofing materials, asbestos-containing materials, or unidentified waste from commercial properties.
- Hazardous household waste: no paint, solvents, flammable liquids, gasoline, propane tanks, helium tanks, or pesticides.
- Other unaccepted Items: no animal waste, animal carcasses, car parts (tires are accepted), lead-acid batteries, large tree stumps, windows, sliding glass doors, or hot tubs.
For information on proper disposal of unaccepted items and to find a disposal facility near you, visit Product Care Recycling, the Recycling Council of BC's Recyclepedia, or call the recycling hotline at 604-RECYCLE (604-732-9253).