Become part of social change in Surrey.
Creating social change with talent, resources and creativity
We are all part of social innovation and building a better Surrey. The key is that we all work together to search for better, modern solutions to some of the significant issues such as affordable housing, poverty, and health and safety, that face urban centres like ours.
Social innovation is a chance for citizens, government, academia, business and non-profit sectors to come together to enhance the development of Surrey. Social innovation in Surrey is guided by the social, economic and environmental priorities of our Sustainability Charter and complementary City strategies.
Become Part of Social Innovation in Surrey
Social innovation needs people. We'll achieve the most success with social innovation if citizens, governments, not-for-profits, academia and businesses all pool their energy to develop this network.
To become part of social innovation in Surrey, attend the next Surrey Social Innovation Summit or review some of the resources listed below.
Social Innovation Resources
We encourage you to share any other resources with us as well by emailing Kristin Patten, Social Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations and websites
- BC Partners for Social Impact
- BC Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation
- Centre for Social Innovation
- Hubcap – BC’s Social Innovation Hub
- MaRS Solutions Lab
- McConnell Family Foundation Social Innovation Fund
- Phoenix Society Social Innovation Centre
- SFU Continuing Studies Certificate in Social Innovation
- Social Innovation Generation
- Radius SFU
- Waterloo Institute for Social Innovation and Resilience
- Al Etmanski, Impact: Six patterns to Spread Your Social Innovation
- BC Social Innovation Council, Action Plan Recommendations to Maximize Social Innovation in BC
- Social Innovation Lab Guide