2018 Water Conservation Program
Submissions under review
Revised October 2, 2020
Request for Proposals
The City of Surrey is seeking to launch a water conservation program to provide education to residents regarding water conservation, focusing on lawn and landscaping irrigation.
The goal of the program is to educate the City’s residents on water conservation and the effects of irrigation and promote decreased seasonal demand and peak demand.
In order to accommodate the broad range of initiatives addressed by the Program, the Consultant should:
- have a minimum of five (5) years of experience delivering water conservation programs;
- demonstrate ability to deliver the programs on time and within budget;
- demonstrate the ability to communicate and educate various audiences (residents, children, young adults, etc.);
- be experienced with the management of post-secondary school students, and be able to effectively train and manage student based teams to carry out Program objectives;
- demonstrate having successfully managed post-secondary student based teams in an outreach or education based program;
- be able to provide innovative ideas on community based approach to proposes water conservation work plan; and
- be able to communicate and work well with City staff and other agencies.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. No amendment of any kind to the RFP is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Proposal, Proponents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named above.