Learn more about our volunteer program. Join our team of dedicated volunteers and transform our community together.
Why volunteer with the City of Surrey?
- Put your knowledge, skills and passion to good use in the community that you call home.
- Connect with others while doing something meaningful to you.
- Gain real-life experience and learn new skills.
- Lead change by serving on a volunteer board, committee or youth group.
- Flexible time commitments.
- Training provided for many positions.
Make a Difference!
Volunteer opportunities start as young as 14 years and older and duties are varied. Whether you want to work behind the scenes at our family events, support people who need to evacuate their homes, care for animals at our Animal Resource Centre, help the environment, educate people, or lead a tour, you can do it here. You provide the passion; we provide the training and growth opportunities.
"My favourite part was meeting people involved with the arts in our city like our Poet Laureate. It was really exciting and a new experience."
- Punar, City of Surrey Volunteer
How to Volunteer with the City of Surrey
- Find a volunteer opportunity.
- Review the volunteer position and the requirements for that role.
- Follow application instructions on the volunteer position description.
Contact Volunteer Resources at 604-598-5863 or email@example.com if you have any questions. Our staff make every effort possible to return your emails and voicemail messages within two business days. Our office is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm.
To learn more, read about some of our volunteers.
How to Volunteer with the Surrey RCMP
Apply to the Surrey RCMP Volunteer Program.
Crime prevention programs include:
- Speed Watch
- Lock Out Auto Crime
- Stolen Auto Recovery
- Community engagement opportunities