Outdoor Sports & Athletic Facilities
Take your recreation outdoors with one of the many outdoor facilities throughout the City! There are more than 200 outdoor athletic facilities, 8 outdoor pools, and dozens of tennis and pickleball courts to choose from.
Outdoor sports facilities are currently open for casual use, and the City has resumed issuing permits for outdoor sport facility bookings. All local sport organizations that have COVID-19 safety plans in place that have been approved by their applicable governing body can contact the City at 604-501-5174 or BookaField@surrey.ca to obtain a permit.
Find a Field
Find a field near you to find convenient outdoor facilities.
View the current inspection reports to make sure the field you want is open.
Fitness Group Permits
Looking to move your fitness classes outdoors this summer? The City of Surrey has now opened a limited amount of artificial turf fields and will begin issuing park permits for outdoor fitness classes.
- South Surrey Athletic Park turf field #10
- Cloverdale Athletic Park turf field #3
- Newton Athletic Park turf field #2 and #3
- Hjorth Road Park turf field #1
- Permit Processing Fee - $36.56 per permit
- Hourly Park Use Permit Fee - $19.14/hr
Required Application Documents
The following documents must be included in all private fitness group permit application packages:
- Completed Private Fitness Group Request Form
- City of Surrey business licence or proof of non-profit status
- $5,000,000 liability insurance naming the City of Surrey as an additional insured
- COVID-19 safety plan
- Signed City of Surrey COVID-19 Addendum to Permit
Program leaders can mark their field with a sign to assist participants in finding their session but there can be no advertising on City property, including signs, banners or printed materials, whether for promotional or informational purposes without permission from the City.
COVID-19 and Outdoor Sport Facilities Use
The City will be following the guidelines put in place by the Provincial Sport Organization. Appropriate signage will be in posted at all sports fields.
To help keep us all safe, please stay home if you are sick. When using sport courts and sports fields remember to:
- stay 2 metres apart from others
- practice only individual skills / no contact
- clean your equipment and hands often
- limit your time when others are waiting
If we all do our part to stay safe, we can keep our outdoor sport facilities open.