Outdoor Sports Advisory Committee
Promoting and fostering cooperation and understanding between outdoor sport service providers in Surrey.
The Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee is an example of the Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department's focus on community engagement.
The committee is designed to:
- Be a venue for meaningful citizen participation in decision-making.
- Provide input to the Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee on outdoor sports issues, including policies and planning priorities for outdoor sport facility provision, allocation and operation, in order to advance quality organized outdoor sport and recreation opportunities in our community.
- Provide a fair and equitable forum for outdoor sport service providers to collectively address issues of common concern and seek out mutually beneficial solutions.
- Maximize ongoing cooperation, communication and harmony between all outdoor sport service providers.
- Support the attraction of outdoor sport tournaments and high-level sport events to the City of Surrey
The Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee (OSAC) brings together appointed representatives from outdoor sports based in Surrey, supported by Department liaisons.
These outdoor sports are represented in OSAC:
- Athletics (track & field, cross country, etc.)
- Field hockey
- Softball & fastball
- Soccer (summer)
- Soccer (winter)
OSAC Meetings are held on the last Wednesday of every month at the Surrey Operations Centre (6651 148 Street).
For more information on the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee, or to connect with your sports representative, please contact Outdoor Community Sports & Facilities staff at email@example.com.