Civil Construction and Lighting For Two (2) Synthetic Turf Fields
Submissions under review
Revised June 11, 2021
Richard D. Oppelt
Manager, Procurement Services
Tel: (604) 590-7274
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualifications
The City of Surrey (the “City”) invites qualified Respondents to submit request for expressions of interest and statements of qualifications (RFEOI/SOQ) to prequalify as Contractors for Civil Construction and Lighting for Two (2) Synthetic Turf Fields.
The City of Surrey, Parks Division is seeking the services of a Contractor. The scope of Services will result in the conversion of two playing fields from grass to synthetic turf. Each field site is located in a different park in the City.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of Services for the above work includes (but is not limited to):
- a pre-construction meeting to confirm deliverables and schedule; and
- all labour, materials, and equipment to construct:
- synthetic turf granular base with drainage system
- irrigation system
- field lighting system and site power
- perimeter concrete walkway
- rubberized surface pathway (Newton site only)
- chain link fencing, including backstops
- high mast netting system
- covered players and officials shelters
- covered spectator shelter
- boot cleaning areas
- geotechnical and other testing to confirm compaction, permeability, sieve analysis of materials, concrete and asphalt materials meeting specifications, operational and water quality of irrigation system, photometric testing of the field lighting system, and for the Newton site only - testing of the rubberized surface;
- stamped engineering shop drawings for the covered players and officials shelters and the covered spectator shelter;
- all permits and licences as required, with exception of building permit;
- weekly construction meetings at each site;
- Erosion and Silt Control (ESC) implementation; and,
- substantial completion review, as-built submission, and project manual with warranties as required.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (collectively, the “Websites”), and upon posting, any addenda will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. It is the responsibility of Respondents to check the Websites for addenda. The only way this RFEOI/SOQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFEOI/SOQ or may be relied upon by any Respondent. By delivery of a Submission, the Respondent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFEOI/SOQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFEOI/SOQ should be directed in writing to the contact person named above.