Education Marketing Campaign - City Clean-up and Waste Diversion
Revised September 24, 2020
Request for Proposals
The City of Surrey (the “City”) seeks an experienced and qualified professional Consultant capable of successfully marketing, scheduling, developing, designing, producing, and delivering a range of materials and products for an education campaign for cleanup initiatives, waste avoidance and waste diversion (the “Services”).
The Services is intended to support the City’s goals and objectives through the development of a major public education and awareness campaigns as follows:
- First City in Canada to Achieve Zero Waste (waste avoidance and diversion);
- Reduce illegal dumping by 50%; and
- Reduce Citywide Litter.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Consultant will:
- Develop a strategic framework that will refresh and build on the existing Surrey’s Rethink Waste campaign and will incorporate traditional and new media marketing and communication;
- Design public communication and awareness campaigns to support the roll out of the City’s new and/or expanded programs and services;
- Select appropriate communication mix to create an effective campaign consistent across all media platforms;
- Promote the City’s services and programs to increase residents’ participation;
- Develop an integrated communication and marketing plan;
- Identify target audience;
- Develop targeted messages, education materials, and designs for public advertisements;
- Undertake media planning, i.e. sourcing and selecting optimal media platforms;
- Develop a simple but effective slogan for the campaign and corresponding; messages encouraging the public to change behaviour and to comply with regulations and laws; and
- Publicize successes achieved during the span of the campaign.
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: February 1, 2019
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: February 5, 2019
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. No amendment of any kind to the RFP is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Proposal, Proponents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named below.