Facility Cleaning Services, Sourcing Initiative – Various Sites
Shortlisted have been notified.
Revised September 28, 2020
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualifications
The scope of Services will include the provision of all labour, materials, tools, equipment and transportation and daily supervision necessary for the complete and satisfactory facility cleaning services for various sites as follows:
- Surrey Main Operations Centre, 6651 148th Street, Surrey, BC
- Surrey City Hall, 13450 – 104 Ave, Surrey, BC
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The City anticipates that the scope of the Services may include, but not limited to:
- Provision of labour, materials and equipment for the provision of Services;
- Maintain trash / garbage collection throughout the facility;
- Floor and stairway/staircase cleaning and maintenance;
- Washroom cleaning and servicing of dispensers;
- Cleaning of walls, ceilings and doors;
- Cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces;
- Carpet, drape and upholstery cleaning;
- Interior glass cleaning throughout [no smears, fingerprints, etc.];
- Interior elevator and vestibules;
- Interior and exterior doorway entrance floor surface; and
- Immediate exterior of the facilities [e.g. litter control, sweeping as needed].
The City’s cleaning requirements can vary in size, nature and complexity. Although the bulk of requirements can be considered “standard”, other requirements are “non-standard” and have unique or special characteristics that require the use of different, more appropriate cleaning procedures (e.g., biohazard waste cleaning].
Encouraging Use of and Consistency of Green Products and Practices.
The Contractor shall have a corporate policy in place regarding criminal record checks. The City reserves the right to audit the process.
RFEOI/SOQ Document for download:
Facility Cleaning Services, Sourcing Initiative – Various Sites (.pdf)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: September 24, 2019
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. No amendment of any kind to the RFEOI/SOQ is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Submission, Respondents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this request for RFEOI/SOQ should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.