GPS Receivers for Sign Inventory
Cansel Survey Equipment Ltd.
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
The City invites Quotations from experienced and qualified Contractors for the provision of everything required including all skilled labour, tools, materials, equipment for GPS Receivers for Sign Inventory and any other requirements.
The City’s Engineering Department is attempting to catalogue the location and type of each sign in the City’s GIS system using ESRI Collector for ArcGIS. In the future, the City plans to geographically inventory additional assets or deficiencies in existing assets using similar technology.
SPECIFICATIONS OF GOODS AND SCOPE OF SERVICES
The proposed GPS/GNSS receivers should have the following minimum specifications:
- The GPS/GNSS receivers should be able to measure the location of a sign from the base of the pole, with sub-meter accuracy or better. It should be able to measure the location of a sidewalk defect within the same level of accuracy.
- Please state pricing for different levels of accuracy, and whether or not any post-processing is required. If the solution requires post processing, will the post processing software, as well as subscriptions(s) to base station networks) be included, or is there an additional cost? Please include any additional costs as part of the RFQ.
- Please specify if location readings may be impacted by nearby buildings or trees.
- GPS/GNSS receivers must be able to work seamlessly with ESRI Collector for ArcGIS, running on Windows 10 or iOS operating systems.
- NOTE: Collector for ArcGIS is being used to add signs to the inventory.
- Connectivity (Bluetooth, USB, cellular, wireless, etcetera)
- Ruggedness/durability for use in local weather conditions.
- Battery Life of at least 4 hours or better. A battery life of 7+ hours is ideal.
- Training for up to 25 people. Training should include but is not limited to proper use of the devices including how to take accurate measurements and how the integration with ESRI Collector for ArcGIS will work.
- 3+ year(s) of warranty.
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: February 15, 2018
Addendum No. 2 (.pdf)
Issue Date: February 21, 2018
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.