Installation of Specimen Trees Along City Streets
Submissions under review
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
SPECIFICATIONS OF GOODS AND SCOPE OF SERVICES
The City invites Quotations from experienced and qualified Contractors for the provision of the Installation of Specimen Trees Along City Streets. The nature of the work includes the furnishing of all labour, tools, equipment, supplies, material and services necessary for the complete performance of the work which includes:
- installation of caliper sized trees, averaging 5-6 cm, deciduous and evergreen, on local, collector and arterial road allowances including boulevards, medians, traffic circles and frontage roads;
- providing a storage compound sufficient enough to receive annually approximately 3,500-4,000 trees from various City designated tree suppliers;
- providing adequate care and storage of all delivered trees;
- loading, hauling and off-loading all trees to planting areas designated by the City;
- the City will provide all the materials and supplies to undertake all of the work, including that required for storage and planting of the trees;
- the Contractor will provide all the labour and equipment to undertake the work;
- all equipment should be road worthy and suitable for working on City streets and parks;
- the Contractor shall affix a City of Surrey Contractor sign to each side of their vehicle(s); and
- the Contractor to ensure that all persons engaged in the provision of the Services are clearly identified as a representative of the Contractor while performing Services on City premises. All employees will wear high visibility vests and an identification badge while doing the work.
Services will be on an “as required” and “as directed” basis. It is the City’s desire not to sub-contract the Services.
RFQ document for download:
Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.