Janitorial Services Sourcing Initiative - Surrey RCMP
Submissions under review
Revised September 25, 2020
Request for Expressions of Interest and Statements of Qualifications
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
The City of Surrey (the “City”) is seeking experienced and qualified janitorial and custodial maintenance services providers for the Surrey Royal Canadian Mounted Police (the “RCMP”) main detachment including annex buildings, district offices and Surrey Outreach Team Trailer (the “Sites”).
Package A - Main Detachment Building and Annex Building
Package B – Cell Block
Package C - District 1 City Centre – Whalley District Office
Package D - Surrey Outreach Team Trailer
Package E - District 2 Guildford - Fleetwood District Office
Package F – District 3 Newton
Package G - District 4 Cloverdale/ Port Kells
Package H - District 5 South Surrey
To assist in the understanding of the City’s cleaning requirements the City has prepared a number of cleaning guidelines as follows:
1. Regular Cleaning Task and Green Cleaning Task Services Guidelines
2. Project Cleaning Task Services Guidelines
These cleaning guidelines can be downloaded from the City of Surrey’s Managed File Transfter (MFT), instructions are within the downloadable RFEOI/SOQ document
Scope of Services:
The City anticipates that the scope of the Services may include, but not limited to:
- Provision of labour, materials and equipment for the provision of Services;
- Maintain trash / garbage collection throughout the facility;
- Floor and stairway/staircase cleaning and maintenance;
- Washroom cleaning and servicing of dispensers;
- Cleaning of walls, ceilings and doors;
- Cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces;
- Carpet, drape and upholstery cleaning;
- Interior glass cleaning throughout [no smears, fingerprints, etc.];
- Interior elevator and vestibules;
- Interior and exterior doorway entrance floor surface; and
- Immediate exterior of the facilities [e.g. litter control, sweeping as needed].
Prior to the effective date and the assignment of any personnel, the Contractor and each of the Contractor’s personnel assigned to work at the Site(s) must obtain an RCMP reliability security clearance in order to provide services under the Contract. Such check will be carried out by the Surrey RCMP and the cost borne by the Contractor. This process takes approximately 16 - 24 weeks to complete. The Contractor and personnel must also be able to maintain the reliability security clearance throughout the life of the said contract.
The City reserves the right and discretion to divide up the Goods and Services, either by scope, geographic area, or other basis as the City may decide, and to select one or more Contractors to enter into discussions with the City for one or more Contracts to perform a portion or portions of the Goods and Services
RFEOI/SOQ Documents Available for Download:
Janitorial Services Sourcing Initiative (.pdf)
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFEOI/SOQ, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFEOI/SOQ. No amendment of any kind to the RFEOI/SOQ is effective unless it is posted in a formal written addendum on the City Website. Upon submitting a Submission, Respondents will be deemed to have received notice of all addenda that are posted on the City Website.
All inquiries related to this RFEOI/SOQ should be directed, by email, to the person named below.