Supply and Install Solar Powered LED Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB) at 10 Crosswalk Locations
Tricon Civil Works Ltd.
Revised October 5, 2020
Request for Quotations
The City of Surrey plans to install forty Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB) to improve pedestrian crossings at ten locations.
For each crosswalk location, successful contractor will be expected to deliver the following:
- two Type B Sonotube bases
- two Type 4A hot dip galvanized and powder coated poles
- four RRFB's assembly
- Beacons will be installed back to back above the pedestrian crosswalk signs
- Controller and electrical cabinets shall conform to NEMA, UL or recognized equivalent Canadian approval and be marked accordingly
- two solar panels on each side of the road
- two special crosswalk push buttons
- four RA-4 pedestrian crosswalk signs
- traffic control measures
- disposal of Hydro Vac material off-site and restore boulevard / gravel shoulder or sidewalk to original state
- follow Traffic By-law, Traffic Safety Act and all applicable acts, codes and regulations
- follow safe work practices
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: July 12, 2016
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City's Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the "BC Bid Website") and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the "City Website") that will form part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.