Surrey Dog Off-Leash Area Strategy
Revised September 15, 2023
Manager, Procurement Services
Tel: (604) 590-7274
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The City of Surrey (the “City”) is seeking the services of an experienced Consultant with expertise in planning, public process facilitation and landscape architecture to develop the City’s Dog Off-leash Area Strategy.
The scope of work includes the timely and efficient preparation and submission of data analysis and geospatial work, public engagement materials and analysis, draft reports, and a final strategy document (the “Services”).
(a) Internal Review & Analysis: Identify the key learnings to date in implementing the previous strategy and understand how need will be defined going forward for this amenity.
(b) Trends and Best Practices: Determine the policies and practices the City should adopt and implement through an analysis of current trends and best practices from comparable cities for the planning, design, and operations of OLAs.
(c) 10 Year Strategic Plan: Guide the planning, development, improvement, and operations of OLAs for the next ten years. A 10-year strategic plan will include:
(1) An analysis of the trends of community requests and anticipate future growth of neighbourhoods and dog ownership.
(2) Identification of underserved areas throughout the City to define priority areas in which the City will focus efforts to create or improve OLAs.
(3) Improved and refined design guidelines that consider new OLA types and sizes for provision of new amenities to accommodate increased growth and density throughout the City.
(4) Recommendations for sustainable materials, maintenance and, management practices.
(5) Recommendations to develop OLAs through private development.
(6) A list of recommended sites in existing and planned neighbourhoods that could accommodate an OLA and align with location and design guidelines.
(d) Implementation: Deliver well-designed and sustainably maintained OLAs in priority areas of the City.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (collectively, the “Websites”), and upon posting, any addenda will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the Websites for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal the Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to email@example.com