Skip navigation

Port Kells Post Office

Port Kells Post Office header

Heritage Area: Port Kells

Site #: 150

Location: 8764 Harvie Road

Registered: Nov. 2, 1998

Significance: Historical

Description: Built by Charles Percy Smith in 1929 to serve the Port Kells area, following removal of railway tracks along what is now Harvie Road. Roy Stevens Loney, son of Mud Bay pioneers, operated this post office from 1946 to 1961.