Good Citizen Award
Learn about the Good Citizen Award, which recognizes outstanding service to our community.
The City of Surrey Council invites nominations for the 2020 Surrey Good Citizen of the Year Award.
This honour is awarded to a person who has given outstanding service for the betterment of our community over the years.
Selection criteria includes that:
- The individual is a current resident or business owner during the years of service under consideration;
- The honour be awarded to an individual who has given outstanding service for at least 15 years;
- Volunteer contributions have had a positive influence in the City of Surrey and to its residents;
- That elected officials currently holding office, not be considered for this award;
- That any person that is not politically active including former elected officials may be considered for this award.
When selecting a recipient of the award Council will also consider the diversity and demographics in the City and look to ensure that the award recipients reflective of this over time.
Completed nomination forms can be mailed or dropped attention to the City Clerk's office at City Hall or submitted via email to email@example.com, no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 23, 2020. Nominees are encouraged to review the Surrey Good Citizen of the Year Policy.
Recipients of this prestigious award over the last decade are:
- 2007: Volkmar (Wally) Sandvoss
- 2008: Jim King
- 2009: Marie Cooper
- 2010: Bill McNamara
- 2011: Avril Flather
- 2012: Deb Jack
- 2013: Bill Reid
- 2014: Ron Meadley
- 2015: Michael Wilson
- 2016: Rick Hart
- 2017: Bob McMurray
- 2018: James Good