Women in Firefighting Workshops
Learn what it takes to be a female firefighter with the Surrey Fire Service.
These workshops are resuming with COVID-19 restrictions in place to comply with public health orders and WorkSafe BC. Please cancel if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms on the day of or prior to the workshop. You will be screened on arrival.
In an effort to attract a more diverse workforce, the Surrey Fire Service hosts a variety of workshops designed to provide female participants with an overview of the fire service, an opportunity to assess your fitness as well as a chance to practice firefighting skills.
These workshops are held throughout the year giving participants an opportunity to talk with female firefighters and get a unique perspective.
One-day workshops are available for female adults, age 19+.
We offer three types of workshops designed to meet the varying levels of fire experience ranging from awareness to skill enhancement.
- Level 1 – This is a full-day workshop providing an overview of the fire service with an opportunity to experience fire fighting activities and interact with career female firefighters.
- Level 2 – This half-day workshop provides an opportunity to try the physical test required during the hiring process and gauge your level of readiness according to fitness level.
- Level 3 – This two-hour workshop provides an opportunity to practice specific firefighting skills required as a suppression firefighter.
To view all workshop levels and dates offered, you must sign up on our MyImpact website.
- Access a calendar displaying available opportunities
- Read full descriptions of each workshop
- Learn about what you need to bring with you
- Learn how to submit payments and waivers