Child Care Facilities
Learn how to set up a child care facility in Surrey.
Setting up your own child care centre
Child care centres with three or more children must:
- Be licensed by Fraser Health Authority, Community Care Facilities Licensing;
- Meet the City of Surrey's zoning regulations; and
- Meet the requirements of the BC Building Code (Building, Fire, and Electrical Code regulations).
- Setting up a Licensed Child Care Facility: Information about the City of Surrey’s requirements related to setting up a licensed child care centre.
- Building Permit Requirements for a Child Care Facility: Information about modifying an existing building or constructing a new building to accommodate a child care facility.
- Child Care Facility Requirements Guide: Use this step by step tool to help you determine the BC Building Code and BC Fire Code requirements that apply to your child care facility.
Visit Fraser Health's website to apply for a child care licence and access other resources for child care operators.
- Surrey Community Child Care Action Plan
- Surrey Preschool Options
- Children's Partnership Surrey-White Rock
- Human Early Learning Project UBC
- Surrey Child Care Planning and Policy Review Report