Learn how to set up a child care facility in Surrey.

Setting up your own child care centre

Child care centres with three or more children must:

  • Be licensed by Fraser Health Authority, Community Care Facilities Licensing;
  • Meet the City of Surrey's zoning regulations; and
  • Meet the requirements of the BC Building Code (Building, Fire, and Electrical Code regulations).



Visit Fraser Health's website to apply for a child care licence and access other resources for child care operators.