Child Care Facilities
Learn how to set up a child care facility in Surrey.
Setting up your own child care centre
Child care centres with three or more children must:
- Be licensed by Fraser Health Authority, Community Care Facilities Licensing;
- Meet the City of Surrey's zoning regulations; and
- Meet the requirements of the BC Building Code (Building, Fire, and Electrical Code regulations).
- City of Surrey Child Care Guidelines: This document outlines the zoning requirements, licensing application process, BC Building Code requirements, and general policies and regulations for child care facilities in Surrey.
- Child Care Facility Requirements Tool: Use this step by step tool to help you determine the BC Building Code and BC Fire Code requirements that apply to your child care facility.
Visit Fraser Health's website to apply for a child care licence and access other resources for child care operators.