Parks, Recreation, and Culture Fleetwood Study
Revised May 16, 2023
Manager, Procurement Services
Tel: (604) 590-7274
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The City of Surrey (the “City”) wishes to engage the services of a qualified consulting firm (the “Consultant”) for Parks, Recreation and Culture Fleetwood Study (the “Study”) in the community of Fleetwood to undertake a study to anticipate future recreation and cultural needs in the Fleetwood Plan area. The Study will inform decisions on what amenities are to be planned and paid for within the Fleetwood Plan.
The City anticipates that the Study will:
(a) be the framework for planning amenities that will be required to serve the growing population within the Fleetwood Plan area.
(b) give the PRC Department a foundation of data and best practices for the provision of recreation and culture amenity requirements as the planned densities and land uses are realized in the Fleetwood Plan area.
(c) include a high-level cost estimate for delivering the identified amenities in the Study, which will be used to establish a PRC Community Amenity Contribution within the Fleetwood Plan area.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Consultant will provide the Services which includes the following elements:
(a) A review of the existing PRC and private facilities and amenities in Fleetwood including, but not limited to:
(3) Service Levels and Use
(b) Undertake a high-level review/analysis and provide recommendations for PRC provision requirements in Fleetwood:
(1) Research best practices for PRC provision for similar sized municipalities to the City of Surrey.
(2) Undertake a gap analysis of City’s existing provision ratios/targets in comparison to best practices.
(3) Establish a set of recommended facility and amenity provision ratios or other metric based on population, use and users’ demographics, growth/declining uses and activities, and/or through other relevant metrics.
(c) Develop a set of recommendations for the provision of PRC amenities in the Fleetwood Plan area, which include:
(1) A list of facilities/amenities to meet Fleetwood’s future needs as the Plan area develops.
(2) Recommended renovations and expansions of existing civic facilities.
(3) Potential locations for facilities/amenities within the Fleetwood Plan area. This may include:
• Considerations with adjacent land uses within the Plan area.
• Integration of public amenities within private developments.
• Pre-determining additional Civic land use designations for recreation and culture growth within the Plan area.
(4) High-level cost estimate for the build out of the recommendations provided in the study (including land purchase and capital building costs).
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (collectively, the “Websites”), and upon posting, any addenda will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the Websites for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal the Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to email@example.com